Fellow USAF members

I am trying to gauge at the moment how far backed up the IPEB is right now. I saw someone comment the other day that their package was sent around Nov 17 and they haven't heard anything yet for being fit or unfit for duty. Are any of you all before this date?

My package was sent to the IPEB Dec 2nd and was told then that it would be 2-3 months.

great because mine was sent to VA yesterday. Im so ready to end this chapter

I called my PEBLO today. She informed me that I was found unfit for duty and that my package was sent to the VA on January 5th. I would imagine I should be hearing back any week now on my ratings.

I called my PEBLO today. She informed me that I was found unfit for duty and that my package was sent to the VA on January 5th. I would imagine I should be hearing back any week now on my ratings.

So my ebenefits went historical on 05 FEB and said it was closed out and I called 06 FEB to confirm and they said my proposed ratings were done and sent out to me that morning and I should be hearing from my PEBLO any where from a few days to two weeks. Hopefully that means you're right behind me with your ratings

So my ebenefits went historical on 05 FEB and said it was closed out and I called 06 FEB to confirm and they said my proposed ratings were done and sent out to me that morning and I should be hearing from my PEBLO any where from a few days to two weeks. Hopefully that means you're right behind me with your ratings

Awesome, let me know when you get notified officially!

Awesome, let me know when you get notified officially!

I actually got a phone call from my PEBLO yesterday afternoon and met with her this morning to sign my 199... Now the wait for orders begins! She says they have been turning them around pretty fast so hopefully soon!

I actually got a phone call from my PEBLO yesterday afternoon and met with her this morning to sign my 199... Now the wait for orders begins! She says they have been turning them around pretty fast so hopefully soon!

Great thank you for the update. I know of another AF member that signed her 199 Jan 5th and just now got her orders.

Are all you guys IDES or has/is anyone going through the LDES process? My package went to AFPC and they requested a ROM and that was sent up yesterday. Trying to estimate the turn around time for them to get back to me. Mind you its only the DOD rating my and not the VA. I guess once they make a determination I get orders cut almost instantly.

Are all you guys IDES or has/is anyone going through the LDES process? My package went to AFPC and they requested a ROM and that was sent up yesterday. Trying to estimate the turn around time for them to get back to me. Mind you its only the DOD rating my and not the VA. I guess once they make a determination I get orders cut almost instantly.

Why are they using the LDES? The DoD must use the VA ratings.

Why are they using the LDES? The DoD must use the VA ratings.

Long story short: have had a plethora of medical issues neglected over the past 3+ years. I was having serious back issues during our processing for separation and my doctor submitted the IRILO for my MEB.

Prior to this: I have already gathered all my medical records and submitted for Benefits Delivered at Discharge. I had already accomplished a C&P exam and all supporting appointments. Therefore I already been evaluated by the VA and IDES would delay me even longer due to having to redo everything.

I took my PEBLOs advice and did LDES since she said turnaround for LDES is very quick compared to IDES and I already did all my exams. If I chose IDES I would have to do everything all over again.

So no. The VA is not rating me for the purpose of an MEB. They are only rating me for BDD. The DOD doesn't have to use the VA ratings because I waived my rights to IDES.

My situation is a little crazy in a sense it's last minute and I'm not going through the mandated process as others due to having done half of the requirements prior to getting an MEB.