Final C&P today, now what?

jessylynn

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I completed my final C&P examination this morning, but despite the numerous pamphlets I've been given I'm still confused on the timelines.

How long does QTC have to submit the report from my C&P evaluations?
From there how long before my doctor has to submit the NARSUM? (I'm fairly certain it's already written, just waiting on the VA, but I'm trying to think along the lines of the longest amount it CAN take is what I should try to plan for)
From the Submission of the NARSUM and the entire package (When the package is accepted) how long do they have to make their determination?
If found unfit, how long does the VA have to submit my proposed rating?
What is the timeline after the VA submits ratings back to the DOD?

Sorry, I'm just getting anxious we're trying to plan how if I am found unfit we are going to move to North Carolina from California, and about how long we have until that becomes a reality.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

burressboy81

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I completed my final C&P examination this morning, but despite the numerous pamphlets I've been given I'm still confused on the timelines.

How long does QTC have to submit the report from my C&P evaluations?
From there how long before my doctor has to submit the NARSUM? (I'm fairly certain it's already written, just waiting on the VA, but I'm trying to think along the lines of the longest amount it CAN take is what I should try to plan for)
From the Submission of the NARSUM and the entire package (When the package is accepted) how long do they have to make their determination?
If found unfit, how long does the VA have to submit my proposed rating?
What is the timeline after the VA submits ratings back to the DOD?

Sorry, I'm just getting anxious we're trying to plan how if I am found unfit we are going to move to North Carolina from California, and about how long we have until that becomes a reality.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
It's going to be a long road still. I am on Lejeune also and not the the process yet. Don't start counting until you receive a notification on MOL stating the peb accepted your case. That's when it all begins basically. From there give them a month minimum to deem you fit or unfit. If unfit, give the va a month to three months minimum to get your ratings back. From there give it a its other month for your new EAS to hit. Then prob a couple weeks to another month until you leave on terminal. So approximately 5 months from when you get that notification MOL. The notification will come about 2 weeks after your medical board case has been signed by you and submitted.

fred801

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
A painful lesson I had to learn was be patient, very patient. The timeline that they give you is a guideline and nothing more. I would look at the days for each step as a minimum and if it moves faster than that consider yourself lucky. Try not to think about it (easier said than done) and just let the process work.