First TDRL Re-Eval

stillfighting17

Registered Member
Hi,

This is my first post and I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly...I am currently TDRL and have been since Mar '16. My re-eval is impending. I currently have 100% rating from both AF and VA due to MDD, GAD, and PTSD, as well as post partem depression. I have been consistent in seeing a therapist and psychiatrist since being on TDRL, and I have gathered my medical records for the upcoming appointment. My concern is that, although I have improved somewhat, I am no where near fit for duty. Also, I can't readily afford to lose the VA compensation I receive. I do not work and am unable to right now due to anxiety and childcare needs. I know there is no crystal ball to tell me what to expect, but what is the likelihood that I will be removed from TDRL and not placed on PDRL? I guess my main question is what should I expect from this re-eval? Any input is appreciated.

Hi,

This is my first post and I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly...I am currently TDRL and have been since Mar '16. My re-eval is impending. I currently have 100% rating from both AF and VA due to MDD, GAD, and PTSD, as well as post partem depression. I have been consistent in seeing a therapist and psychiatrist since being on TDRL, and I have gathered my medical records for the upcoming appointment. My concern is that, although I have improved somewhat, I am no where near fit for duty. Also, I can't readily afford to lose the VA compensation I receive. I do not work and am unable to right now due to anxiety and childcare needs. I know there is no crystal ball to tell me what to expect, but what is the likelihood that I will be removed from TDRL and not placed on PDRL? I guess my main question is what should I expect from this re-eval? Any input is appreciated.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

From all of my experiences while on DoD military TDRL via an U.S. Army perspective for 3+ years, being declared "permanent and stable" for any PEB-referred medical condition(s) is(are) dependent upon the severity of symptomology as annotated on your medical evidence and/or medical documentation since being placed onto the TDRL.

As such, it would seem that your opportunities to receive a DoD military PDRL decision is feasible after the initial TDRL re-evaluation, but at a reduced AF disability rating at least in my opinion. Remember, your medical records must show symptomology as annotated in the 38 CFR VASRD at the 100% rating to at least maintain that AF disability rating.

As what to expect, you should be scheduled for a review of your "MDD, GAD, and PTSD, as well as post partem depression" via a DoVA Disability Benefits Questionnaire (DBQ) either from your local MTF or a civilian-provided medical contractor.

Moreover, it shall be similar to the DBQ that was performed while in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process via the DoVA VBA. It's quite painless and the medical provider seemed to be very understanding at least in my opinion and experiences. Hope this helps and take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

If you have been in continuous therapy you will likely not be found fit for duty. Your ratings may change since you are a little better.