Fit or Unfit? That is the question...

gunna816

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am going through this process out of Fort Leavenworth. I signed my packet on the 16th of July, any ideas on when I should receive an update? I checked my staus on AKO and it says awaiting PEB findings (looks like my PEBLO updated it). PEBLO says they have up to 45 days to respond once they receive the packet. How will I know when they receive it? It seems like most people know within a few weeks after it gets sent, whether they ar fit or unfit.... Any guidance is GREATLY appreciated!

sign up for enebenfits (https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal) your MSC should have told you about it or might have been included in your MEB briefings. As long as oyu have an active Common Access Card you can make your own account. You will be able to track the VA side of the IDES process. Though it may not be updated as quickly as one would like, ebenefits winds up being a decent tool for your case. You can gauge where you are in the process once ebenefits starts updating and moving in the different phases. I guessed that I was unfit by looking at the ebenefits updates and I turned out correct once I received my unfit memo a month after it was written.

Thanks for the info! ebenefits shows review of evidence, nothing updated since March..... So looks like I'm still waiting...

Mines also been there for awhile...