formal board tomorrow morning

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
husband's FPEB is tomorrow - he was found FIT and contesting it, hoping for UNFIT.

could use some prayers, good juju, whatever you have to offer.

thank you, for those that have been following my posts here.

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
thank you both very much. he said the board went really well. i was in the living room while he was on the phone with them in our office here in our home. he said they were very polite and thorough. he said that they are deliberating now - and have been for the past hour. hoping we hear something today.

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
just heard back from lawyer. he has to wait another month for his findings of fit or unfit. i have never heard of it taking this long.

SSGHooah

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hopefully it doesn't take that long but maybe that was just a typical answer of timeliness from them in order to give themselves more time if needed?

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hopefully it doesn't take that long but maybe that was just a typical answer of timeliness from them in order to give themselves more time if needed?
It’s weird, because we’ve been under the impression that he receives a fit or unfit today, but has to wait a month (plus) for ratings. Just goes to show that everyone’s situation with the IPEB/FPEB is different. His lawyer was the one that texted him and said it would be a month, not the board members. After the formal board was done, they said they were going to deliberate. Not sure the need for deliberation if you’ve got nothing to deliberate on, apparently.

We shall see. This process is going to be the death of my husband, I swear.

SSGHooah

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You two hang in there. I'm sure your husband is glad to have you fighting on his side. Just know that this won't last forever.

18c_Gunslinger

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’m sorry to hear that crappy news. My best buddy is going to the FPEB next week after a fit finding because of his evals. Did the board even address his evals? Basically Shane was given a good eval because his command bent over backwards to give him a favorable eval so they didn’t hurt his career, but it seems to have hurt him in the meb. Very similar condition as your husband.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Regardless of what you were told, the board rarely returns a "same day" decision when they convene. The decision writing alone takes time.
Actually, you would think this would be true. In the Army, they normally announce the decision of the FPEB at the conclusion of the hearing (with the full write up and decision provided in a day or two).. In the Air Force, they normally issue a decision within a day or two. The Department of the Navy (USN and USMC) cases, they take much longer, sometimes a week or more.

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’ll be the first to say (or add here) that we hope it takes a month for them to decide. He and I both need a break from this headache of a process, but we feel like we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
just wanted to update: still no word back on their decision. coming up on four weeks this coming tuesday. still see a light at the end of the tunnel, but just wanted to keep the thread updated as much as possible. thank you all, again, for all of the help you've given to us.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">