P3 written/meb referral: 03 January 2012
MEB Briefing: 12 January 2012
Initial meeting with PEBLO: 12 January 2012
Meeting with MSC (claim development): 13 January 2012
MEB Legal Briefing: 27 January 2012
Commanders Statement Signed: 30 January 2012
Army Mental Health Eval: 31 January 2012
C&P Exams with VA contractor: 07 February - 09 February 2012

I will continue to update this as things progress.

70+ days in now and waiting on NARSUM...

Hey brother I'm also in FT Bliss, and believe it or not we have the same timeline. We prolly sat next to each other in the MEB briefing.
Waiting on Narsum also Ebennies is tracking properly va papers at Seattle

All i can say is we all have to be patient, as much as we like to see it move fast, they are actually almost on time.

The process could take up to 300 days but with the new IDES they think it may shorten of 3 months, this will be good if that is true. I have seen a massive improvement from when i was a 1SG back in 2008 with the WTU. The process use to take almost 2-3 years and that is if they can work with everything for the soldier. I had soldiers in my company that had several complications and did every surgery under the sun before they decided to do the MEB. Now at least once discoverd, they move towards the MEB. As long as good medical documentation and you as the patient show good discipline during the process. It all adds up eventually. The worse thing that anyone can do is not meet medical compliance. So with the new system this is what they said.

Time lines according to the MEB BRIEFING.

45 DAYS, Initial MEB brief and meeting with MEB DR
45 DAY VA APPTS
45 DAYS 2nd appt with MEB DR.
15 DAYS, After dictation completed by MEB DR, Packets moves through the medical and the unit before presentation to the patient. This is the stage i am at.
10 DAY, NARSUM Review
if no appeal then move to the PEB, This is where it can take some time.
120days.

So it could be very well be 6-8 months which is a lot better then 795days of what i have seen several soldiers go through.

My timeline is
DEC 4, Recommended for MEB
JAN 13 Initial appt with MEB DR
JAN 24 Met with the VA REP for VA APPTS SET UP
FEB 9-14 Completed all VA APPTS
MARCH 21, Met with MEB DR for dictation of the NARSUM, do not get a copy of that, but did ask for the VA EXAM, which luckily i got. Handy to review to help me prepare for the addtional stuff i want added as failures to the NARSUM
currently packet was at the unit where i supplied the required documents my ncoers and pqr they asked. I check MY MEB/PEB on ako and shows that the NARSUM is awaiting Physician signature.
I think next week, my PEBLO will type up the NARSUM and call me in most likely on the 10TH OF APRIL. I then have 7 working days to review it.

I hope this helps. But i feel your pain as i am now a warrior and used to be cadre, it will work out, but we have to be patient.

SGT Bob call your PEBLO and tell them to write a e-mail infront of you questioning why it is taking so long and have them bcc it to you. Also you are supposed to have a Case Manager/Nurse that you should be talking to, they will put their foot in your PEBLO's butt to get them moving. I waited 60 days after my final NARSUM briefing, I went knocking heads including MEB JAG Lawyers, BN Aid Station, Case Manager, my Commander, BN Commander, and BDE Commander, e-mails were sent to the Madigan XO... I pissed some people off but I had my NARSUM in hand 24 hours later. Your MEB doc should have had that NARSUM written 45 days after that Final NARSUM brief... DO NOT let it slide another day!

MORE ON FT BLISS TIMELINE

Army Mental Health Eval: 20 NOV 2011
P3 written/meb referral: 22 NOV 2011
MEB Briefing: 12 January 2012
Initial meeting with PEBLO: 12 January 2012
Meeting with MSC (claim development): 13 January 2012
MEB Legal Briefing: did not attend
Commanders Statement Signed:20 January 2012
C&P Exams with VA contractor: 07 February - 09 February 2012
Physical report turned in to PEBLO 19 MAR 2012
Currently waiting on NARSUM

Hey brother I'm also in FT Bliss, and believe it or not we have the same timeline. We prolly sat next to each other in the MEB briefing.
Waiting on Narsum also Ebennies is tracking properly va papers at Seattle

Ebenefits still has me at "Gathering Evidence." I wish that I knew what the hold up is.

SGT Bob call your PEBLO and tell them to write a e-mail infront of you questioning why it is taking so long and have them bcc it to you. Also you are supposed to have a Case Manager/Nurse that you should be talking to, they will put their foot in your PEBLO's butt to get them moving. I waited 60 days after my final NARSUM briefing, I went knocking heads including MEB JAG Lawyers, BN Aid Station, Case Manager, my Commander, BN Commander, and BDE Commander, e-mails were sent to the Madigan XO... I pissed some people off but I had my NARSUM in hand 24 hours later. Your MEB doc should have had that NARSUM written 45 days after that Final NARSUM brief... DO NOT let it slide another day!

Thanks...I haven't even had my final NARSUM brief yet. All appointments have been done for over 45 days now and completetion of the C&P reports was supposed to have been done by 25 Mar according to Ebenefits...Grrrr.

SGT Bob,

I'm a little farther along in the process that you, and EBenefits has me at Gathering Evidence as well. After calling the VA on Friday to get a handle on what's going on with my case, I was told that they were waiting on my packet from the PEB in order to move the case onto the next stage and determine ratings.

I was given an UNFIT rating on the 23rd of February and my packet was sent to the VA, from there its a 7-10 business day wait to get the packet into the system, and after that I expect a 30-90 day wait for my ratings to be returned to my PEBLO with my completed packet.

Once the VA is actively working on my packet, I expect to move into the "decision phase" and once it hits the "notification phase" its just a matter of waiting on the bureaucratic channels to take their time in getting the information to you. Good Luck, and stay patient!

Thanks CarlB

Ok... Even still get ahold of your case manager/nurse since it's past the 45 day mark that the doc was supposed to have completed their portion of the NARSUM... See if there is anything that they can find out for you!!!

Ok... Even still get ahold of your case manager/nurse since it's past the 45 day mark that the doc was supposed to have completed their portion of the NARSUM... See if there is anything that they can find out for you!!!

Will do...hopefully, I will get an answer.

OK, I spoke to my MSC this morning and he told me that the C&P Reports are complete and he is waiting on the "C-File" from Waco which should come in the next day or so. I am assuming that the next step will be to review the NARSUM correct?

Almost, your Tech has to write up the NARSUM DA Form 3947, then it has to be sent back up for a quick review by the MEB doc... Once they approve it, they send it back to your PEBLO and they then call you for an appt to review it. Do not sign it immediately! Go to your MEB JAG office with a copy and have them review it with you and/or go to and Ombudsman to review it too. (You will only have 7 days, not business days to sign it at your PEBLO office.)

Round about 2-3 weeks till you sign it...

Almost, your Tech has to write up the NARSUM DA Form 3947, then it has to be sent back up for a quick review by the MEB doc... Once they approve it, they send it back to your PEBLO and they then call you for an appt to review it. Do not sign it immediately! Go to your MEB JAG office with a copy and have them review it with you and/or go to and Ombudsman to review it too. (You will only have 7 days, not business days to sign it at your PEBLO office.)

Thanks, I definitely will NOT sign anything until my JAG attorney looks at it. That's for certain. My PEBLO emailed me this morning and told me that he has everything and that he will submit it for "COMP NARSUM"by COB today. So, hopefully, I will hear back from him soon!

sgt bob i was wondering if you could advice me on an issue i have with the army please ??

Sure, if I can...what is it? PM me if you want or just post here.

SGT Bob you look familiar... were you in Hawaii at one point? LOL

my son is in the royal engineers at the end of phase 2 training and the med centre have diagnosed him with physically induced asthma,, as you can imagine he is heartbroken as he knows this may mean medical discharge,, im attempting to fight his case for him so that he can stay in the army but i dont know where to start,, is there anything i can do?? and can you adcise me on anything he can do to stay in the army?? thankyou.