Fort Hood Timeline

IDES_Aviator

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I haven't been able to get the MEDPROS MEB page to load up once for me throughout this entire process, so all of these dates are from my calendar:

04MAY18 - REC'D P3 For Lower Back Injury
11MAY18 - Initial Appt w/ PEBLO
16MAY18 - MEB Inbriefwere
17MAY18 - VA Claim
12JUN18 - 1st C&P Appt
22JUN18 - Final C&P Appt
27JUN18 - NARSUM Appt
02JUL18 - Met with PEBLO to review 3497.
Requested Legal Review
Lawyer submitted IMR request (my C&P measurements were WAY off, and not nearly enough to get me to 30%, so I requested an IMR to add to my unfitting conditions)
09JUL18 - IMR found no change to my initial MEB findings
10JUL18 - Signed 3497
13JUL18 - Rec'd PEB Unfit Memo
13JUL18 - Checked ebenefits for the first time, it says "pending decision approval", FWIW

If I appreciate anything from this process, it is that everyone's situations are SO incredibly unique. While I know that I could dispute the C&P measurements, or my PTSD, or my historical anaphylaxis episodes... I'm just. Tired. When the IMR was essentially kicked back, I thought my world was ending. I was SO focused on HAVING to get to 30% and PDRL.

Reality (after spending a ton of time talking to my BH doc) is that this is going to work out the way it's supposed to. 18/21 conditions I claimed were confirmed by my C&P's, so I will see something from the VA. My unfit memo has the "V4- yes" on it, so I understand that to mean that the VA will not recoup my severance. And my severance will be substantial enough for me to be debt-free.

I have a ton of respect for the folks on here grinding it out to get what they no-doubt deserve. I'm grateful that I'm in a position to move on start my next chapter. Thank you for the vast amount of helpful information here.

I haven't been able to get the MEDPROS MEB page to load up once for me throughout this entire process, so all of these dates are from my calendar:

17MAY18 - VA Claim
12JUN18 - 1st C&P Appt
22JUN18 - Final C&P Appt
27JUN18 - NARSUM Appt
Requested Legal Review
Lawyer submitted IMR request (my C&P measurements were WAY off, and not nearly enough to get me to 30%, so I requested an IMR to add to my unfitting conditions)
10JUL18 - Signed 3497
13JUL18 - Checked ebenefits for the first time, it says "pending decision approval", FWIW

If I appreciate anything from this process, it is that everyone's situations are SO incredibly unique. While I know that I could dispute the C&P measurements, or my PTSD, or my historical anaphylaxis episodes... I'm just. Tired. When the IMR was essentially kicked back, I thought my world was ending. I was SO focused on HAVING to get to 30% and PDRL.

Reality (after spending a ton of time talking to my BH doc) is that this is going to work out the way it's supposed to. 18/21 conditions I claimed were confirmed by my C&P's, so I will see something from the VA. My unfit memo has the "V4- yes" on it, so I understand that to mean that the VA will not recoup my severance. And my severance will be substantial enough for me to be debt-free.

I have a ton of respect for the folks on here grinding it out to get what they no-doubt deserve. I'm grateful that I'm in a position to move on start my next chapter. Thank you for the vast amount of helpful information here.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Throughout my years of seasoned experiences, I would offer to please try to remain "positively proactive" until the very end while in the DoD IDES PEB/PEB process! By far, it isn't over yet, you still haven't completed the PEB phase at this point, correct? ;)

Nonetheless, indeed, continue to march with positive thinking and do what's best for you and your family to obtain a favorable outcome from the DoD IDES process; that's the ultimate goal at least in my experienced opinion. Take care and enjoy your future endeavors!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Last edited:

17MAY18 - VA Claim
12JUN18 - 1st C&P Appt
22JUN18 - Final C&P Appt
27JUN18 - NARSUM Appt
Requested Legal Review
10JUL18 - Signed 3497

ive been asking a lot of people but no reply yet. so ill ask you. lol. anyway.. what was your timline and whole entire process up to med board and medboard process? im just wonder because im In physical medicine and they have tried the electro machine thing, the chiropractor, and I just had my first epidural injection for my lower back. im still on temp profiles. I just recently got a 90 day. I have bilateral spondylosis, disc that are deterorating and vertebrate that is fracture. I was wondering why I haven't been talked to about medboarding? or am I close? I have my follow up apt for my first injection on the 27th of august. the injection has for sure just made it worse. im sick of being in pain and just ready to get out.

ive been asking a lot of people but no reply yet. so ill ask you. lol. anyway.. what was your timline and whole entire process up to med board and medboard process? im just wonder because im In physical medicine and they have tried the electro machine thing, the chiropractor, and I just had my first epidural injection for my lower back. im still on temp profiles. I just recently got a 90 day. I have bilateral spondylosis, disc that are deterorating and vertebrate that is fracture. I was wondering why I haven't been talked to about medboarding. or am I close. I have my follow up apt for my first injection on the 27th of august.

Have you ASKED about a med board? That’s what I did. I went on my first profile for my back in 2006. This last round started in the fall of 2016. I finally just asked my PCM if we’d done enough and exhausted all the options, because I was all done.

Reactions: 91B
im kinda iffy about asking. I don't want them to think I just want out. but at this point im done with being in pain and nothing their doing is helping. at this point im just ready to move on and get out. I also have neck problems and shoulder problems for ma recent wreck I was in. ive done 6 years reserve and 2 years active duty here in hood. so can a profile go strait from a p1 to p3 so I can get medboarded? or how much longer till I get a p3? and what good question should I be asking my pcm to kinda put it in his head that im ready to get out. I lose sleep over my pain and can't hardly carry my children who are 2 and 5. im usless to the military.

im kinda iffy about asking. I don't want them to think I just want out. but at this point im done with being in pain and nothing their doing is helping. at this point im just ready to move on and get out. I also have neck problems and shoulder problems for ma recent wreck I was in. ive done 6 years reserve and 2 years active duty here in hood. so can a profile go strait from a p1 to p3 so I can get medboarded? or how much longer till I get a p3? and what good question should I be asking my pcm to kinda put it in his head that im ready to get out. I lose sleep over my pain and can't hardly carry my children who are 2 and 5. im usless to the military.

I’m afraid I can’t answer any of your questions, all I know is my own experience. I simply got honest with my PCM.

i catch your drift thoguh. and thank you so much for your help. was you in hood too?

so you fought with your back for 10 years?!!!

ive been asking a lot of people but no reply yet. so ill ask you. lol. anyway.. what was your timline and whole entire process up to med board and medboard process? im just wonder because im In physical medicine and they have tried the electro machine thing, the chiropractor, and I just had my first epidural injection for my lower back. im still on temp profiles. I just recently got a 90 day. I have bilateral spondylosis, disc that are deterorating and vertebrate that is fracture. I was wondering why I haven't been talked to about medboarding? or am I close? I have my follow up apt for my first injection on the 27th of august. the injection has for sure just made it worse. im sick of being in pain and just ready to get out.
Find your post ombudsman and they will get things started for you.

They will help get your meb initiated. They help with all sorts of things similar to what you explained. For example we I had my meb brief the ombudsman had a brief and they said “how many of you did it take awhile for your your meb to started? Then he said if you would have known about us earlier we could have got things started. They fight for soldiers in a nutshell.

Okay. Is that a navy thing or a army thing? No offense by any means. I kever bash on any of the branches. So please dont take offense. Lol.

Do i just contact this person? Amd what do i ask them?

Do i just contact this person? Amd what do i ask them?
Yes if u tell me what base you are at I can get the contact information but basically you would tell them your situation and how you feel as though you should be med boarded etc and they will help u. Also u may want to tell your doctor nothing is working keep going back to him and tell him it’s gett worst. You need a permanent profile to have a med board started but I’m not 100% sure. Definitely reach out to the ombudsman they should be of great help. If you are in pain you always want your doctor to know and stress how things are only getting worst. Hope this helps.

No this helps a million. That the crappy thing on not on permanent profile yet. They keep giving me temps. My most recent one was a 90 day. And now i have neck and should problems from a wreck i got in not to long ago. Im just tired of fighting all this crap. It is very stressful. I lose sleep over this crapfrom stressing on top of the pain keeping me up. And i kinda agreee with you on the permanent. But i hope not. Im on fort hood. Ya id appreciate it a lot

So do i go in or do i just contact my pcm amd tell him all this. I think this is an issue with my case im not oersistant enough. I just do what they try thrn wait for follow ups. I guess i should just bug them constantly seeing im in constant pain.

Yes u have to bug them constantly. I was like you very timid and going on but then I spoke to several people who gave me advice and I begin to take my health seriously bc it’s only going to get worst and the Army will continue to carry on without you. You just call the ombudsman day they don’t discuss anything with your PCM they have the soldiers best interest at heart. Don’t give up it took me a lot of visits but if everything they have done isn’t working it’s just not working. You also may have to tell them u can no longer do any of the PT events because of then pain. If you want this then you are gonna have to go all in and take a lot of criticism and things you normally wouldn’t as a “fit” soldier. Don’t give up on the treatment you deserve. Also make sure your condition will get you at least 30 percent. Also make sure you see behavioral health for the anxiety and depression this is causing you. It’s so sad and frustrating be upfront about how this is making u miserable.

Roger that. I will for sire. Hey man thank so much for helping me. You dont know how much i apprexiate it. And im calling them at lunch today.