found fit - but by mistake

concernedwife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
husband got his findings/ratings today. they found him fit for duty due to his command's statement. the only issue? they accidentally [it looks like] went off of his most recent eval and not the command's statement.

we are contesting this - but trying to see if anyone else has had to do this and what was the outcome?

My case is odd but here goes.
April 2017 my case starts.
I was found "fit" by ides sep 2017 -- appealed. You get either "fit, unfit or board for first look"
Oct 2017 I received yet again "fit". At this point there is NO appeals -- waiting on orders.
Dec 2017 my fit was revoked by my branch and a "formal board" was started.
March 2018 actual formal board. No one had a clue why the board was even started (see previous sentence)!!!
April 2018 "fit" finding back AGAIN! (this time it pointed to my Dr changing my status 2 weeks prior to the board date!!!! wow!!!!!!).

My initial IDES pointed to my glowing review from the command -- even though my medication has some adverse impact on my work. I am 100% confident that the military/command is just trying their hardest to retain people.
Highly disappointed once I received the latest news - my symptoms are actually at their worst and impacting my work/life.
I have another year left on contract and can start this slow and disappointing process over in 6 months.

I know this is 2 months old now -- did the 2nd request go in?

My case is odd but here goes.
April 2017 my case starts.
I was found "fit" by ides sep 2017 -- appealed. You get either "fit, unfit or board for first look"
Oct 2017 I received yet again "fit". At this point there is NO appeals -- waiting on orders.
Dec 2017 my fit was revoked by my branch and a "formal board" was started.
March 2018 actual formal board. No one had a clue why the board was even started (see previous sentence)!!!
April 2018 "fit" finding back AGAIN! (this time it pointed to my Dr changing my status 2 weeks prior to the board date!!!! wow!!!!!!).

My initial IDES pointed to my glowing review from the command -- even though my medication has some adverse impact on my work. I am 100% confident that the military/command is just trying their hardest to retain people.
Highly disappointed once I received the latest news - my symptoms are actually at their worst and impacting my work/life.
I have another year left on contract and can start this slow and disappointing process over in 6 months.

I know this is 2 months old now -- did the 2nd request go in?

i lost my login credentials, but i am the original composer of the thread.

my husband was granted a formal board and his date is may 8th. will update once he is done with that. i was told they give your FIT or UNFIT the day of the boards, is that not correct? [day of the board meaning FPEB]