FPEB Fail....VARR?

MXNonner

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So my formal board was disappointing to say the least, but thats a story for another time.

I got my injury re-eval'd and I should be at like 40% just for that one injury. Attorney suggested a VARR....anyone have any experience with this? I submitted my VARR on 10 April.

I was told to expect 3-6 weeks for an answer. Mine is at SAFPC right now then off to the VARR...I have no idea on how long SAFPC is currently taking.

I was told to expect 3-6 weeks for an answer. Mine is at SAFPC right now then off to the VARR...I have no idea on how long SAFPC is currently taking.

was told it could be up to a year for SAFPC....didn’t want to wait that long....FPEB said unless my rate went up they weren’t going to raise my DOD percentage (basically they are going off the one injury only and unless VA changes their rate it won’t change) I was told 4-6 weeks for a VAR but was also told VA may send me back to C&P to eval new findings themselves) so 4-8 weeks possible. just wondered if anyone had any recent completed experience?

I was told there shouldn't be any new C&P just because a VARR was requested. The DOD mirrors what the VA assigns to the "unfitting" conditions. For whatever reason, the VA lumped two of my conditions, resulting in a lower rating. Actually, I know why they did it because one of the C&P doc from QTC did not agree with a condition that I've been treated for the last few years, on medications, and several visits a year. So I went to the FPEB and they agreed to split the conditions. I would then push the VARR for two separate conditions instead of two lumped together. So, in your case, if the VA assigns a higher percentage the DOD will adopt if they found that condition it unfitting...

so got my answer from the VAR back already! went from 20% to 40%! (1 code for my knee now to codes - 20%+30%=40%). jumped my VA disability to 80% too

so got my answer from the VAR back already! went from 20% to 40%! (1 code for my knee now to codes - 20%+30%=40%). jumped my VA disability to 80% too
Hey how are you? Correct me if I'm wrong... Did you go to a formal heard and got denied for your claim? I'm asking because I'm going through this process for my knee but they are only offering me 10% for my knee. I also have other thing that I'm trying to get the board to consider as unfitting conditions as well.

Hey how are you? Correct me if I'm wrong... Did you go to a formal heard and got denied for your claim? I'm asking because I'm going through this process for my knee but they are only offering me 10% for my knee. I also have other thing that I'm trying to get the board to consider as unfitting conditions as well.

I got my results from MEB for 20% after going through C&P. I appealed and went to FPEB and they denied all additional claims and also said unless VA raised my % on my knee (MCL is not existent basically) they wouldn’t raise it either. My lawyer had me get my knee re-eval’d by my PCM and the results were turned into the VA for a VAR. The results from my knee went from 1 percentage / one category to two categories....therefore two different percentages for same issue. the eval was for extension/retraction and whatever the side to side is called. Hope this helps!