FPEB Pending Decision Approval?

Hardplace/Doc/Rock

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’ve been looking on this forum for quite some time now, I’ve found it helpful during this stressful process. On 30JAN18, my IPEB appeal package was submitted. After reading about ebenefits (on here) I decided to check mine on 02FEB18. I wasn’t expecting to see much because I was just found fit (even though I have no business being in the military at this point). None the less, my claim status said, “Pending Decision Approval (PDA).” I have no clue what it said before because I never checked it until that day. I asked a few other members if they could log into theirs, none of theirs said PDA; even people that were found fit the same time as me. Thiers all where “Review of Evidence” or lower. I called the VA, they did confirm that I was in fact at this stage, however couldn’t tell me anything; said they couldn't find any rater notes because my claim was submitted conjunction with IDEAS. They did ask me to verify my address, then said they couldn’t tell me anything about the PEB. I would get a letter once their done, “follow up with your PEBLO, VSC, or call the PEB.” I know what the steps mean because I looked them up, I have also followed this thread. However, I’m a bit skeptical, mostly trying to keep my emotions in check and not setting myself up for a letdown. So, with all that, I ask does PDA mean I was likely found unfit? Has any one ever been found fit and their ebenefits read PDA? I did talk to my PEBLO, she said she hasn’t received anything yet, but did state that if the FPEB had enough evidence they could just send my case straight to the VA. A clear understanding of PDA, would be really helpful. If it matters, I’m in the Navy and nothing was in the historical section. I appreciate any responses from experiences or general knowledge.
Thank you!

ok so I'm Navy also. That being said if your package is sent to the VA to be rated you have been found unfit. Check my digital signature for the number to the PEB.

ok so I'm Navy also. That being said if your package is sent to the VA to be rated you have been found unfit. Check my digital signature for the number to the PEB.
Thank you so much for your reply. I haven't received anything that officially says my package was sent, or that my IPEB appeal was granted. Would you say PDA is a real indication that my package was sent to the VA? Did yours say PDA before fit/unfit findings? kind of scared to call the number, but did you just call and they simply provided the information?

Mine was PDA then my case went historical a few weeks later as indicated in my timeline(digital signature). If you call the PEB(202-685-6422/6419), the person on the other line can confirm whether or not it has been sent to the VA. When you call the PEB it is a generally a Chief that is on the other lin, be polite. I usally say something along the lines of," My PEBLO hasn't gotten back to me and I'm just trying to find out if my case has been sent to the VA to be rated".