FY '14, Timeline Extension????

akaJP

Registered Member
Not sure if anyone else has been told the same thing as I was last week, however I called the Staff Chief of my Post's PEB office seeking an update on my timeline (discharge date) status. He replied that due to the 'bottle necking' at the final rating stage of this process, the new fiscal year coming, and the shortage of personnel who actually decide the ratings, that everyone at this stage should plan to add approximately 60 days onto thier original estimated time of discharge. I have to believe this because of the stature of the gentleman I spoke with....however, I am impatient and do not want to believe it. My estimated discharge date was to be around the 15th of October, and so I moved my family and have plans to work in my home state in about 90 days from now. I wanted to give myself a bit of a break before I went back to fulltime work, to get my mind right. Doesn't look like that is going to happen now. The entire MEB / PEB process was started back in March for me, my medical records are very cut and dry so I did not dispute anything at any stage. My NARSUM was presented in an excellent manner, as I have bone graphs in my back from serving in OIF I/II as a convoy security / crew serve weapons gunner. Luckily, everything documented on paper survived from down-range. Now my plans are in the air, I am ready to retire, and I wanted everyone to know what I was told so you can prepare youself as well. What do ya'll think? Thanks, good luck, and have a great weekend! ~ JP

I hope this is not the case for you or any of us waiting to get out. From the information I have received the VA is at a all time case low. They also sent active duty uniformed personnel to assist the VA with the cases. I know when I got on ebennie's yesterday they had a artical saying its 113 day compared to 350+. I hope it works out for you.

Later G