FY 2014 NDAA

Travelerusa40

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
spacer.gif

This email was sent to you by the FRA. To ensure delivery to your Inbox (not bulk of junk folders), please add [email protected] to your address book.
spacer.gif

fra_header.jpg

fra_nav_wave.jpg

fra_making.jpg

November 16, 2013
fra_waves.gif
spacer.gif

fra_delta.jpg
Important Amendments to NDAA Expected in Senate
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

URGENT! Support Senate NDAA Amendments! (S. 1197)
Take Action!

Senate Debates and Amends Defense Authorization Bill
The Senate version of the FY 2014 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA-S. 1197) is scheduled to be considered by the full Senate. The House approved its version of the Defense Authorization bill (H.R. 1960) in June. One of the major differences between the two bills is that the House version provides a 1.8 percent active duty/Reserve pay increase and the current Senate bill provides for only a 1 percent increase. FRA strongly supports a pay increase that at least keeps pace with pay increases in the civilian pay increases (1.8 percent) and would support a Senate floor amendment to increase the pay increase to 1.8 percent. FRA will be supporting other key floor amendments that include:

• Expanding concurrent receipt for immediate payment of full military retired pay and veteran’s disability compensation for all disabled retirees (sponsored by Senator Harry Reid-NV);
  • Providing a one-time offer for TRICARE Prime beneficiaries to keep their current coverage even though they live outside the reduced Prime Service Area (PSA) 40 mile radius of an Military Treatment Facility (MTF) or BRAC site (sponsored by Senator Amy Klobuchar-Minn.); and
  • Eliminating the Survivor Benefit Program (SBP) Dependent Indemnity Compensation (DIC) offset for military widows (sponsored by Senator Bill Nelson-Fla.).
Members are urged to use the Action Center to ask their Senators to support these critical amendments.
spacer.gif

fra_footer.gif

spacer.gif

If you received this email from a friend and would like to subscribe to our email list, click here.
If you prefer not to receive promotional email messages from us, please visithere.

© Copyright 2006 FRA, 125 N. West Street, Alexandria, VA 22314. All rights reserved.

I have received my 199 and I am now out of the army retired. 70% Army, 80% VA proposed, and am currently awaiting my claim to finalize which ebenefits says it will by Feb 3. I am curious if you could elaborate and share some info with me in regards to the concurrent pay law I keep hearing about that is supposedly ending Dec 31, 2013. What is it and what does it mean to me? How will it effect my pay?

The expansion that his post is speaking of would be the expansion of concurrent receipt to under 20 medical retirees.

I have received my 199 and I am now out of the army retired. 70% Army, 80% VA proposed, and am currently awaiting my claim to finalize which ebenefits says it will by Feb 3. I am curious if you could elaborate and share some info with me in regards to the concurrent pay law I keep hearing about that is supposedly ending Dec 31, 2013. What is it and what does it mean to me? How will it effect my pay?

Your question is a good one, but also one that can be found through various posts on this forum. Please do a search for "CRSC" and "CRDP" and you will find a wealth of information on these subjects. Once you have read up on it, please feel free to post some specific questions that your research did not answer.

It is not my intent to be rude, and I take every question on here very seriously. At the same time, members have already done all the research and posted great information on these subjects. Please take the time to read what they wrote. As I said, if that doesn't answer your questions, we will be glad to assist you on a topic not covered.

Joe

When do we find out if they expand CRSC for the under 20 year guys?

You can track it here
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s1197
As of right now it's still in play.

NDAA 2014 just got passed by Senate. The House/Senate Compromise Version.
There is one more vote on it later this week (I THINK).

Many major Veteran organizations were lobbying our Senators this week to vote AGAINST this version as it had CUTS in it that are NOT favorable to SOME types of 20-year retirees.

But this version DID pass with a full 3/5ths vote from the full Senate chamber.

Don't know what's in it. Time for me to see if this version can be found on the web to see what the fall-out COULD BE in my backyard.

Don't know if it's too late to add or change anything in it or to it. I saw on C-SPAN an hour ago that there is going to be ONE MORE VOTE on this compromise version later this week.

But it looks like this HOUSE/SENATE compromise version DID PASS this morning.

V/R,
nwlivewire

NDAA 2014 just got passed by Senate. The House/Senate Compromise Version.
There is one more vote on it later this week (I THINK).

Many major Veteran organizations were lobbying our Senators this week to vote AGAINST this version as it had CUTS in it that are NOT favorable to SOME types of 20-year retirees.

But this version DID pass with a full 3/5ths vote from the full Senate chamber.

Don't know what's in it. Time for me to see if this version can be found on the web to see what the fall-out COULD BE in my backyard.

Don't know if it's too late to add or change anything in it or to it. I saw on C-SPAN an hour ago that there is going to be ONE MORE VOTE on this compromise version later this week.

But it looks like this HOUSE/SENATE compromise version DID PASS this morning.

V/R,
nwlivewire

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

SEE NEWS LINK BELOW...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/17/politics/senate-budget-deal/index.html

nwlivewire

This is the budget not the NDAA, this will hurt ALL traditional 20 year retiree's period end of story, not just "some" anyone receiving a length of service retirement will be seeing smaller pay raises for years to come. meanwhile, illegal immigrants can claim EIC credit for their children robbing the government of 4.2B per year. So in essence our elected reps have chosen to allow loopholes in the federal law to remain and instead rob vets/service members.

I do feel for the 20 year retires but if this passes it would give vets with less then 20 who where med retired the ability to collect both VA comp and Retired pay, I heard McCain and another senator say that the decrease in retired pay would not take affect until 2015 and that it would be changed by then. I guess if your a 20 year retire u have every right to be pissed but if u where retired under 20 year because of disibility u have every right to be happy.

it will not, this is the regular budget, not the NDAA, it does nothing for anyone except strip benefits. Learn to read and comprehend before posting false information.
NDAA in its current form would approves concurrent, this however does not.

I actually just piggy backed and though the NDAA was in the budget, I didn't start this thread. You maybe want to learn how to address people with respect before freaking out. But if it makes you happy you are correct that the budget does not extend CDRP but NDAA in its current form does and will or should be passed soon.

I have been watching the NDAA every year for many many years, the provision concerning chp 61 extension of benefits has been stripped from each and every one before final passage.

So your offended that I pointed out that you failed to read and comprehend a bill that you would of blindly supported without further investigation, then go on to point out you wrongly supported something you did not read? if shoe fits, wear it.

I have been watching the NDAA every year for many many years, the provision concerning chp 61 extension of benefits has been stripped from each and every one before final passage.

So your offended that I pointed out that you failed to read and comprehend a bill that you would of blindly supported without further investigation, then go on to point out you wrongly supported something you did not read? if shoe fits, wear it.
Quick question to you my friend, has it been stripped out yet?

Quick question to you my friend, has it been stripped out yet?

Nope sure has not, return question, has it been considered by anyone outside of committee? is it scheduled for a vote on the floor before the end of this year? when have previous NDAA's been approved time line wise?

So if it is not stripped out yet then there is a chance. I'll support it until it is out. Looks like I can read. Only thing I did was mix up two bills. Please learn to respect others and be more tactfull when correcting people as others may have thin skinned.

It was an floor amendment proposed by Senator Reid as he has done for many years. I don't think any of the Senate amendments made it into the NDAA. Even if it did, they still have to go into a conference with the House and the House would have to approve it as well. The House will demand an offset and that is usually where it will die if it makes it that far. It would be great if it passes but don't hold your breath.

Mike

Nope sure has not, return question, has it been considered by anyone outside of committee? is it scheduled for a vote on the floor before the end of this year? when have previous NDAA's been approved time line wise?
Easy way to let me know I was wrong... Hey fellow vet your mixing up two different bills, the NDAA and budget are not the same. My response would of been.... Oh snap! Thanks buddy my wrong thanks for the correction.