have you received a decision on your fpeb appeal?

jstalp

PEB Forum Regular Member
Just trying to figure out how long people have been waiting to hear back on their SECAF appeal or how long it was until people got their results.. I've been waiting since September and Ive become kind of obsessed trying to figure out how long ill be waiting.. please share your experiences!

I spoke to my PEBLO today and he said SECAF just told him they were working on cases from Feb 10. I submitted my appeal Jan 11.... if they're going in order than we have quite a while to wait.

Found this on another thread. Hope this helps.

February 11th, 2011 #1

Jason
icon1.png
Recent AF case timeline FPEB to decision on appeal

I thought I'd share this. I had a case at the FPEB on March 31, 2010. I just received the decision from Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council today. That was eleven months roughly for the appeal.

My sense is that there was a backlog of cases on appeal, so I would not be surprised if cases took even longer. On the other hand, while I would consider this information in making decisions, I would not count on it. The AF could assign more personnel to review cases and things could speed up. That said, I think that about a year is what it is taking for appeals.

(A side note, most people do not submit rebuttal statements at all. Those that do tend to not put a lot into it...I have no idea if what I am seeing applies to everyone's appeals but I tend to submit 8-15 pages of legal arguments when I appeal. That may be slowing things down, too).

Just heard from my PEBLO who contacted AFPC that the SAF appeal is taking 10-12 months. When I first appealed they said 3-6, boy were they wrong. Good luck everyone.