Help with this process.

JSOTF

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello!

Wanted to start by saying, this site looks awesome!!!! Thanks to those who make it possible.

I got a letter from the VA about this PDBR.
I want to appeal, but want to make sure my ducks are in a row. What do you all recommend?

I was medically separated at 20% for injuries I suffered in the line of duty (not combat related). I feel that the MEB process left out information, to include not informing me about a sleep study for my documented sleep apnea. It is in my records from surgeries, and I put it on my physical for the MEB, there were many things that were checked by MEB personnel, but this was ignored.

I went to seek assistance and a VSO, but was on line for over 3 hours, and had to go back to work. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

What conditions were covered by your MEB?

What did the VA rate the condition(s) found unfitting by your PEB? What is the effective date of these VA ratings as compared to your separation date?

Mike

I was boarded for my knee, ankle and shoulder, the VA has kept those ratings at 10% for my knee and ankle.

I had obstructive sleep apnea that I was diagnosed with in ICU after an emergency surgery, but no doctor said I needed a sleep study. Just that I needed to inform the doctors that I had it for upcoming surgeries. I never understood the severity until years later. The I finally got sent to a sleep study, while I was on terminal leave, and the VA sent me again soon after. I was med boarded in 07, and just this year got VA to add sleep apnea as service connected and rate me at 50%.