Hickam Timeline

ruyehara47

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My claim went to Pending Decision Approval today. Hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel for me.

31 Oct 16 IRILO NARSUM
22 Nov 16 Code 37
30 Nov 16 CC Letter
13 Dec 16 Package sent to AFPC for MED decision
9 Jan 17 AFPC directs full MEB
9 Feb 17 VA MSC meeting scheduled to create VA claim
16 Feb 17 VA MSC appt canceled and package withdrawn due to A/L
28 Mar 17 - Package resubmitted to VA MSC
4 Apr 17 Met with VA MSC & created VA claim
19 Apr 17 Contacted by VA contractor to schedule C&P exams
26 Apr ~ 9 May 17 4 C&P Exams
12 Jun 17 PEBLO recieved C&P results
14 Jun 17 MEB conducted and package completed
22 Jun 17 Signed 619
29 Jun 17 AFPC received my file from PEBLO form letter
18 Jul 17 Case sent to VA for ratings form letter
26 Jul 17 Preparation for Decision
31 Jul 17 Pending Decision Approval

Dang, I just noticed from when a full meb was directed from AFPC to now it was 7 months. I'm at Hickam also, and am currently awaiting AFPC to direct full meb. I was hoping to be out in October but I don't think that is likely now.

Dang, I just noticed from when a full meb was directed from AFPC to now it was 7 months. I'm at Hickam also, and am currently awaiting AFPC to direct full meb. I was hoping to be out in October but I don't think that is likely now.
Doesn't look like you'll make October.

PEBLO called today and said the VA closed out my claim at 100%. She said the AF would transfer the ratings over, and I should have the paperwork to accept or request a FPEB next week.

Signed my AF356 today 60% DoD 100% VA. PEBLO said I should have my orders by next Friday

congrats

Such great news!

Got my retirement orders yesterday. 27 November is my last day of active duty.

Indeed, enjoy your forthcoming military disability retirement and DoVA compensation benefits! :D Take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Congrats man, and thanks for all the help regarding your timelines. I just wanted you to know that it helped a lot knowing a more clear time frame for me. Cheers!

Congrats man, and thanks for all the help regarding your timelines. I just wanted you to know that it helped a lot knowing a more clear time frame for me. Cheers!
That's what we're here for. I'll be around so maybe I can help with the VA transition part after we're done.

Congrates! How many days of terminal and PTDY are you taking?
I have to go to finance this week to get the final leave totals, but I'm thinking 45 days leave and 30 PTDY

I have to go to finance this week to get the final leave totals, but I'm thinking 45 days leave and 30 PTDY
How did you know the ratings were sent to the AF to calculate their side? Thanks!

Just looking at your guys' timelines---did it really take a month from the time your c and p exams were done to when your peblo received them? I just finished my exams and that seems crazy. Feels like I'm never getting off this island!

I'm at Hickam also my last C&P is the 20th with QTC. My PEBLO said 2 weeks.

How did you know the ratings were sent to the AF to calculate their side? Thanks!
My ebenefits changed to "Pending Decision Approval". That means they are done and have sent the AF their proposed ratings.

When did you just stop going back into work? Like after you signed the AF356? or did you have to go back and waiting on other documents? Just curious because I have a interview tomorrow with a company and I also have to sign for my ratings tomorrow as well. So I just dont know what I will be able to tell the company if they ask. At what point were you able to just focus on a new job and not having to worry about the military side?

When did you just stop going back into work? Like after you signed the AF356? or did you have to go back and waiting on other documents? Just curious because I have a interview tomorrow with a company and I also have to sign for my ratings tomorrow as well. So I just dont know what I will be able to tell the company if they ask. At what point were you able to just focus on a new job and not having to worry about the military side?

The major restrictions come into play when attempting to draw dual employment and pay during terminal leave from uniformed services. However, even then there is an exception for separating/retiring service members:

A member of a uniformed service who has performed active service and who is on terminal leave pending separation from, or release from active duty in, that service under honorable conditions may accept a civilian office or position in the Government of the United States, its territories or possessions, or the government of the District of Columbia, and he is entitled to receive the pay of that office or position in addition to pay and allowances from the uniformed service for the unexpired portion of the terminal leave. Such a member also is entitled to accrue annual leave with pay.

This specifically deals with federal job "double-dipping", but there should very few reasons that a service member at the terminal leave stage would not be allowed to also start a non-DoD civilian position as long as it did not interfere with or misrepresent the USAF or the mission in any way. Legally, you CAN work a civilian job or engage in off-duty employment while on active duty even without being on terminal leave (with prior approval via an AF Form 3902) as long as it does not interfere with your responsibilities to the unit.

So to sum it up--you can begin working while on terminal leave, as long as all understood requirements are met or being met.

I hope this information helps.