House hold goods appointment

J_Hurley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
has anybody had a issue with getting a house hold goods appointment? I'm in Hawaii been med boarding since September just got my orders today start leave 20 June and last day of the army is aug 22nd and transportation is telling me 1st available pick up is July 8th.. I'm about to lose my mind

You are lucky that you got July 8th.

You are supposed to start arranging your HHG more than 60 days before the needed date. Currently, carriers are swamped with the summer move cycle, and most of the carriers book out 30+ days in advance. Factor in you are on Hawaii, and that makes it even worse.

You got the raw end of the deal because you didn't know your available for pickup date until today, and without orders there wasn't a way to get set-up.

You could check with transportation, ask them nicely if anyone has a cancellation of orders if you could get a sooner spot, but other than that not a lot to be done this time of year.

You are lucky that you got July 8th.

You are supposed to start arranging your HHG more than 60 days before the needed date. Currently, carriers are swamped with the summer move cycle, and most of the carriers book out 30+ days in advance. Factor in you are on Hawaii, and that makes it even worse.

You got the raw end of the deal because you didn't know your available for pickup date until today, and without orders there wasn't a way to get set-up.

You could check with transportation, ask them nicely if anyone has a cancellation of orders if you could get a sooner spot, but other than that not a lot to be done this time of year.
I went in there last Thursday as soon as they told me my dates and transportation told me I can't do anything with them until I get orders , everything was closed Friday and Monday because of the holiday, tried getting orders on Tuesday they told me they only issue them out Monday, weds , Friday and to come back the next day. Go back yesterday they say come pick up your orders at 1400 and then transportation is closed on Wednesday afternoons. So this morning is the soonest I could try to schedule household goods.

I went in there last Thursday as soon as they told me my dates and transportation told me I can't do anything with them until I get orders , everything was closed Friday and Monday because of the holiday, tried getting orders on Tuesday they told me they only issue them out Monday, weds , Friday and to come back the next day. Go back yesterday they say come pick up your orders at 1400 and then transportation is closed on Wednesday afternoons. So this morning is the soonest I could try to schedule household goods.

Wow that's jacked up.

When I the flight commander over the TMO flight if I found out about something like this, I'd have been "none too happy"

They could have accepted a memo in lieu of orders to start the process which would have at least gotten you a reservation.

has anybody had a issue with getting a house hold goods appointment? I'm in Hawaii been med boarding since September just got my orders today start leave 20 June and last day of the army is aug 22nd and transportation is telling me 1st available pick up is July 8th.. I'm about to lose my mind
Hey Hurley I'm in Hawaii also. Housing is 28 days behind schedule and many people are PCS'ing currently. transportation is over logged and HHG they said is 2-4 weeks behind. Obliviously we are different we get orders late in the process, when if you PCS or ETS your orders are ava weeks ahead.

I'm also in Hawaii and have been seeing moving trucks everywhere for the last few weeks. It's nuts. I'm very early in the process and my stuff hasn't been sent to the peb yet, but is there anything I can do now to avoid this issue?

Yea the only thing I can think of is get a power of attorney and let your roommate or somebody you trust sign off on your stuff to get picked up so you can leave on time.. I been sitting here at transportation since 0730 and it's now 0945 they handed some paper work out about 30 mins saying there backed up and all complaints should be sent to the moving company..
I'm guessing I'll have to get a power of attorney and also clear it with my unit and maybe get some kinda memo ?

Hey Hurley I'm in Hawaii also. Housing is 28 days behind schedule and many people are PCS'ing currently. transportation is over logged and HHG they said is 2-4 weeks behind. Obliviously we are different we get orders late in the process, when if you PCS or ETS your orders are ava weeks ahead.
Have you seen the clearing papers yet ? There's so many stupid things you have to clear , I didn't get pre cleared on anything either, I even turned in all my cif and finished soldier for life a long time ago. I'm not stationed at schofield so I have no idea where any of this stuff is.. clearing fort Bragg back in 2013 was so easy

Have you seen the clearing papers yet ? There's so many stupid things you have to clear , I didn't get pre cleared on anything either, I even turned in all my cif and finished soldier for life a long time ago. I'm not stationed at schofield so I have no idea where any of this stuff is.. clearing fort Bragg back in 2013 was so easy
Yea I'm at TAMC so I'm not looking forward to clearing, finished S4L and CIF as well. I'm literally right behind you. I CANNOT wait to get off this damn island. My wife and I have sold 70% of our stuff so the move maybe easier, less shit to pack. once car ect. Car shipping I know is a night mare as well. No looking forward to leaving. What sucks is there's one place that does everyone on this island and you have all 5 services leaving here. Man fk Hawaii.

House hold goods pick up is the 7th of July they gave me a memorandum to have somebody else sign over my house hold goods and went to the barracks manager and cleared it with him he was fine with it he was ready to clear me out the barracks right now lol

House hold goods pick up is the 7th of July they gave me a memorandum to have somebody else sign over my house hold goods and went to the barracks manager and cleared it with him he was fine with it he was ready to clear me out the barracks right now lol
Unfortunately I cannot POA my HHG to someone, I live in on base housing and literally have all my stuff there, feel weird not knowing if it actually made it.

Unfortunately I cannot POA my HHG to someone, I live in on base housing and literally have all my stuff there, feel weird not knowing if it actually made it.
Yea that does suck, I'm at a point where I don't even care anymore. I was like I'll just sell all my stuff , fuck it .
Today was first day clearing , it wasn't as bad as I thought. There's a lot of stuff on the list but I was knocking it out pretty fast and easily.