How do I get the "Official Ratings Letter"?

RickGrimes

Registered Member
According to the State of New Jersey, I need to have a disability letter with a "raised seal" presented to them, in order to apply for my Property Tax Exemption.

Can I just go down to the local VA Hospital administrative section and have one printed out? Or can I go to the VBA here in Philadelphia?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

USAF90210

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I wish I knew, I'd tell you. What I'd do, in your situation, is call the 1-800 VA number. Any time I've called them I've been surprised by the elvel of effort they put into helping me with any unique questions.

For what it's worth, I don't remember a raised seal on my final decision letter, but maybe it was there...

bleacherspy

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
is there a mechanism for you to go to the VA site in the presence of a notary and print out the standard VA letter and then have them notarize it with a raised seal? Does it have to be a VA seal?

RickGrimes

Registered Member
They accepted the one you print out from the VA website. Thank you everyone.

If any of you could put me in touch with another used on here, that is getting a NJ Property Tax, exemption, I would love to pick their brain.

From what I was reading, any taxes paid dating back to the "effective date" of P&T, is supposed to be reimbursed. The township is saying that's not how it works.. and it goes into affect once they "approve it". Which means they could sit on it for a year, and collect taxes.

Basically, I am supposed to get my last 2 months of taxes back + an escrow adjustment.

bleacherspy

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm in the same boat as you in another state. Waiting for the approval and then probably waiting to see if they give me back a couple months of taxes.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">