How long for ratings?

Jkdy116

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’m starting to get a little impatient. I was initially told by the peblo that it would be no later than 30 days for AFPC to determine ratings/final out. I’m hoping to get the word soon. Any similar experiences?

My timeline from C&P exams until now.

2Feb18- NARSUM submitted
15Mar18- C&P exams complete
4May18- Unfit determination/peblo brief
10May18- paperwork sent to AFPC (awaiting final out/ratings)

Why the hurry?
I’m trying to use my GI bill and plan for my career in law enforcement. It’s hard to plan properly, trying to predict when I’ll be out. I’m hoping terminal will be in August. But who knows? It’s been 6 weeks since they determined I was unfit and still no ratings.

I was in a similar situation. I suggest doing as much preparation as you can. I applied and got accepted to schools for fall 2018, even though my MEB wasn't done. But the last thing you want is to be blind sided.

Have you seen the form 356 or checked ebenefits?

I was in a similar situation. I suggest doing as much preparation as you can. I applied and got accepted to schools for fall 2018, even though my MEB wasn't done. But the last thing you want is to be blind sided.

Have you seen the form 356 or checked ebenefits?

I have not seen the form 356. Does that show the proposed ratings? My peblo hasn’t had much contact with me since the forms were submitted to AFPC. When I call to check on the status I get the whole “AFPC is really backed up”.

My Ebenefits has been on pending decision approval for 2-3 months now

Have you received the MyPers notification that your package is back with your PEBLO? I feel like them saying "unfit" and seeing it on a form are vastly different. If they have the paperwork they have a specific timeframe they have to inform you in. And yes, the 356 will show your ratings.

I signed a 618 on 4May18. On 10May18 I received an email from MyPers stating that it would take 6-8 weeks. Would either my peblo or the VA be able to tell my ratings right now?

I've heard of people calling the VA to get a rating. But I would definitely contact your PEBLO and try to get a more solid response. I signed my 618 May 23rd and got my ratings 20 June.

You’re lucky man. It must be because of my long list of claims I guess

Good news. I called the VA. They said they sent out the ratings by mail on Tuesday. I’m guessing my peblo has then already, but I can’t get ahold of either of them. I’ll probably get it it by mail before I hear from the peblo.

Hmm, mine got mailed out the 15th and PEBLO had them by the 18th. So they should be contacting you really soon. I would just show up at their office.

Hmm, mine got mailed out the 15th and PEBLO had them by the 18th. So they should be contacting you really soon. I would just show up at their office.

I ended up getting a call from them right after my last post. My findings were 30% DOD, VA 70%. 356 signed! I don’t agree with some of the ratings, but I got a medical retirement so I’m not going to rebute anything

Good news. I called the VA. They said they sent out the ratings by mail on Tuesday. I’m guessing my peblo has then already, but I can’t get ahold of either of them. I’ll probably get it it by mail before I hear from the peblo.
Do you have a number for the VA??

If you fill out a form 4138 I believe is the number, they can fax you your proposed ratings only for VA; It basically is the FOIA paperwork. DOD usually follows suit for percentages you were MEB'd for.

If you fill out a form 4138 I believe is the number, they can fax you your proposed ratings only for VA; It basically is the FOIA paperwork. DOD usually follows suit for percentages you were MEB'd for.

Do you know the fax number to send it to?

Dang alright. Whenever I call it says that the mailbox is full and can’t leave a message