I applied for

nco97b

Registered Member
The PDBR back in 2014 to have my PTSD added to my MEB in 2009 and I got my PTSD while in the PILOT program from the VA still on AD. 2 1/2 year wait for a denial for not finding evidence but they agreed I had PTSD since 2009 I go to the VA regularly for PTSD treatment. This past January I applied for ABCMR with my PDBR results, my PILOT results, and documents showing I saw a base doctor for PTSD. Are my chances good on a favorable outcome?

Dont take offense but thats a very broad question without any specifics and greater detail. There are people who had had success though and hopefully they will chime in.

PTSD may or not be found unfitting during a PEB. Based on the wording; I think one would have to be rated 50% or more for PTSD to be found unfit. I have seen many 30% ratings that were found fit!

1515352761192.png

To add to this...

To be found unfitting for PTSD, you must present evidence with the ABCMR that your condition did not meet retention standards per AR 40-501. Chapter 3–33.

Anxiety, somatoform, or dissociative disorders

The causes for referral to an MEB are as follows:

a. Persistence or recurrence of symptoms sufficient to require extended or recurrent hospitalization; or
b. Persistence or recurrence of symptoms necessitating limitations of duty or duty in protected environment; or

c. Persistence or recurrence of symptoms resulting in interference with effective military performance.

That is not to say that the Army did not get your MEB incorrect, so hopefully your packet is able to demonstrate that you indeed did not meet the standards for retention. Simply having PTSD does not make you unfit. There are plenty of soldiers that have PTSD and are able to thrive on active duty.

Out of curiosity, why did you not apply to the PDBR? https://health.mil/pdbr

To add to this...

To be found unfitting for PTSD, you must present evidence with the ABCMR that your condition did not meet retention standards per AR 40-501. Chapter 3–33.

Anxiety, somatoform, or dissociative disorders

The causes for referral to an MEB are as follows:

a. Persistence or recurrence of symptoms sufficient to require extended or recurrent hospitalization; or
b. Persistence or recurrence of symptoms necessitating limitations of duty or duty in protected environment; or

c. Persistence or recurrence of symptoms resulting in interference with effective military performance.

That is not to say that the Army did not get your MEB incorrect, so hopefully your packet is able to demonstrate that you indeed did not meet the standards for retention. Simply having PTSD does not make you unfit. There are plenty of soldiers that have PTSD and are able to thrive on active duty.

Out of curiosity, why did you not apply to the PDBR? https://health.mil/pdbr

I did apply for the PDBR whose decision was that I had PTSD but they couldn't find evidence I seen anyone for it while in service. I have documents showing I seen someone but it was too late so I submitted for ABCMR. The 30% I was awarded was the VA rating while still on AD aka PILOT program from 2009.