I received physical disqualification letter

jvhataway1

Registered Member
I received a physical qualification letter in the mail today. What are my rights? It says nothing about disability, or possibly retirement, just that I have been honorably physically disqualified from USAFR. Where do I go from here? I am prior active duty as well.

AFI 36-3209 paragraph 3.14, Physical disqualification.

This is something that needs more explanation. How long were you active duty? Do you have more than 8 years combined active duty service?

I looked over that AFI and found that 3.14 was not a complete description of Physical disqualification at all... I found Physical disqualification under paragraphs 1.17 which referred to 4.14.3.5. Under 4.14.3.5 it details the fact that it is not a swervice connected injury or disqualifying condition. Also, 3.14.7. states "Prior to the execution of a discharge for physical disqualification for a non-duty related impairment or condition the member shall be afforded the opportunity to enter the DES for a determination of fitness pursuant to DoDD 1332.18 and implementing regulatory issuances." I don't think you are eligible for any compensation if it is a non service related condition. But if you go through the DES it may find a different result. I think however you would be better off consulting a fellow reservist that has been through this already. I hope something in that helps.

That is why I asked the OP to see if there is a sub-paragraph. The OP has not been given a clear picture of why he is being medically disqualified and may be entitled to a MEB.

The OP posted this in cardiac conditions, which would lead me to believe that something cardiac related is at question.