Idea for additional info. here @ peb

robs42

PEB Forum Veteran
bored as usual and was thinking about a way to maybe add some useful info. on forums here, for job resources ie: resume stuff, job searches, etc..
maybe even a spot here for seperate state resources and issues to aid our friends here on different benifits that apply to their perticular area. just thought i throw that out there. thanks for checking in!
out,
tucci

Maybe a social group with job search engines, resume tips, job interview tips, things like that?

The downside is it won't be organized into separate sections like a forum is.

I can add a sub-forum...I have been thinking about adding a forum for other issues, like Traumatic Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance. I have been thinking about re-organizing many sections. Like everything here, this is for the members, so if there is a need or desire and it is reasonably within the ambit of military physical disability, I will add. I can see a Transition Forum or something like that.

Guy, that is one issue with the Social Groups vs Forums. The site for the software that powers this forum has had much debate as to how these features will function. The ultimate answer appears to be, however the members decide to use it. But putting things in Social Groups does tend to take things off the "front page," here and put it out of the way. I could also see both, a forum and a Social Group dealing with same topic. One thought is that Social Groups end up being a place where members with same interests post quick messages and do not clutter up forums with stuff that is not of interest to wider group. We'll see how this gets used!

My notes from TAP say that you can go to the VA RO and they can help you with resumes and finding a job. Has anyone tried this yet?

The Navy is the first real career type job I've ever had, and there wasn't much of an interview process to get in. Really didn't have to worry about the HR department or anything. Thinking about getting a civilian career is a little unsettling, especially since it won't be in the field my rate is.

Ask and you shall recieve. I hope this is what you were looking for. If you have any other suggestions/requests, let me know (this goes for all members, too!)