Im losing my mind

Routeclearanceguy92355

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So today I started thinking maybe all the physical pain I feel is because I am really in a coma and my body is finally dying. I keep thinking maybe I didnt wake up from when I was blown up in baqubah in 2004 and that my mind has stayed alive and is living out a dream. I mean hell realistically that would explain why I feel pain and have weird things happen to my health with no real explanation right? Maybe im just losing my mind or maybe its been gone for awhile. I apologize in advance for my rant just felt like I needed to vent without being judged

Are you under the care of a mental health provider? you don't have to answer that here if you don't want to but if the answer is no then perhaps you might want to consider doing so. They may be able to help you sort some of these feelings surrounding your chronic pain. Its got to be difficult to feel "out of body" all the time and detachment isn't really an uncommon reaction to ongoing situations. Just know that you are not alone and no matter how bad you feel or how hopeless it may seem, it is all temporary. You will get through this. stay strong

Rants can be a good thing if it helps. I too have chronic pain, severe at times, it tends to drag down everything in life and that sucks. Talk to your doctors, if what you've been on for a while isn't working, talk to them about trying something else. In my case after several years of being bounced between one pill and another, they tried a pain patch (Butrans) so far that does a better job of smoothing over the really bad episodes, though there's still a lot of pain. Also, you should talk to someone about the feelings you have, they are just as damaging as the pain itself, time to open up to someone and get help. It won't get better on its own, so you have to keep trying and working on it till it does.

Hope this helps...

Thanks guys for the responses. To answer your question, yes I am seeing behavioral health regularly now but have been through various therapists off and on. I just recently about 2 months ago I started sertraline and dont know if that is affecting my thoughts or not. I just am completely lost some days, my vision is deteriorating in one eye, I have random bruises showing up all over, stiffness and weakness in my joints its like holy crap why is all this happening now. Thanks again both of you I just needed to vent because I am frustrated

As said above, rants are fine. If you think you aren't getting the help or enough help, seek out additional help! Likely, that is from medical providers, but, if it is from clergy, friends, family or someone else, if you need help, seek it.

I have been honored to work with many folks on their cases and I have come across folks who have had bad injuries, really poor outcomes healthwise and face many challenges. Sometimes, folks find relief from their conditions and get better. Other times, I have come across folks who have had bad disabilities and their situation is just bad and will not get better. All I can say is that if things are bad, that is understandable. Do the best you can. Get the help you need and try to get better. If things are just bad and will be bad, try to look for the positive and get help and support where you can and where it helps. Not every story has a good or happy ending. But, seeking help and support may help. Rely on what is available and seek additional help where you can. I hope all goes well for you and things get better. I am rooting for you.

Jason thank you and agree with your completely. Frustration and anxiety is overbearing sometimes but I will talk to bh about it tomorrow. I appreciate all the info here and support from others so thank you all