Immediate Halt to Navy and Marine Admin Separations with PTSD/TBI

This may not be anything new after all. I was just informed that the Services' have been following this policy. Hopefully my source is mistaken.

I have written to the Navy requesting a copy of the "updated" policy. This is potentially a "big deal" but, until we see the policy/directive, it is hard to know. I am hopeful, but, we will have to wait to see. Will post more when I know more.

@Jason Perry ,
I was told that the Navy has been adhering to this policy for the last 3-4 months. If you need a solid POC I have one. He is a Navy JAG who worked closely with the person who "fathered" the policy statement.

Overall, from his perspective, it helps those facing OTH (which I though 10 USC 1177 did), but maybe, just maybe, it will allow those facing both general, under honorable conditions, and OTH receive the same treatment. Would love to address this offline.

R/
L

I'm curious how if at all this will impact adsep for acute adjustment disorder.

I'm curious how if at all this will impact adsep for acute adjustment disorder.
After 180 days of symptoms, acute adjustment disorder is considered chronic. Chronic Adjustment Disorder is compensable.

In my opinion, adsep would be halted and the condition would be evaluated. Acute Adjustment Disorder is a diagnosis that should be only given temporarily. Temporary mental illness should not be a reason to administratively separate a service member.

The symptoms that are related to it are common in many other BH diagnosis.

Here is the SECNAV "Memo" on this (attached). Thanks to @pittpan2005 for sending me the copy.

I will post this in resources in the future.

Attachments

• SECNAV Memo on Dual Processing 1 JUNE 2016.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 42