In need of guidance....

Matthew Barry

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all. It has been awhile since I lasted posted here but I again find myself in a pickle. I reported to the Ike in April 2013 after being LIMDU for a year after prototype. When we arrived back to home port in July I was sent to cardiology and dermatology. Cardiology found tachycardia and hypertension which I was being treated for previously but they up my dosages and added a medication. Dermatology they found basal cell carcinoma on my neck (this is the third time I've had it in the navy). They treated it with 24 weeks of topical chemo. I was not sent LIMDU and was unable to go into the plants. CoC said I was still useful to the division. Well it is now 13 months since the diagnosis and no tld still standing duty and no quals. Now Im on leave and just returned from the ER because I had a BP of 185/115 while there and was just given oral meds (added an extra dose of my three regular meds and added a new one) after about five hours my BP was still 165/110 hr of 142. I was discharged and told to follow up with medical and cardio upon my return. However Everytime I go they just up my meds which lowers it a bit but it rebounds right back. When it comes time for my parfq I'm told don't worry your healthy enough but I'm starting to feel like I'm gonna stroke out at some point. I have been taking my own Bp three times a day everyday and showed medical and got a man that's high let's talk about your ulcers we know what's causing them. Any advice? Am I asking the wrong questions or am I just being swept under the carpet and used until I drop dead. Thank you all for any advice or words of wisdom. I just want to know what's wrong with me and do the job I signed up for or another job instead of reving the out of plant books for tpl and not be called broke dick or a cancerous f*** anymore.

V/R
ET2 Barry
Ps here is a photo of my Bp machine at the er with the last five checks they didimage.jpg

If you happened to be on leave in the vicinity of world renown heart center and got sick I'd think their ER would be an option.

I was at the same hospital that they have a location at medical center of the Rockies. The doc just didn't want to "step" on my primaries toes by changing any of my meds. My Bp has still been high today I'm just trying to take it easy until I get home next Friday. Thank you mike

I am very confused about why no LIMDU. Clearly you have problems that warrant at least LIMDU (but, even more so, referral to the PEB).

I am very confused about why no LIMDU. Clearly you have problems that warrant at least LIMDU (but, even more so, referral to the PEB).
That is what has confused me as well. I was LIMDU for a year and was told I was fit for full duty and told to get the "rash" on my neck looked at by the boat as it wasn't anything serious. So like I stated been without a tld and able to perform any duties that a nuke does for over a year now. I keep getting told by my CoC and medical that I still am useful to the department. Should I bring up a peb to my primary when I go follow up or is that like spitting in their face? Also what warrants a peb? Thank you Jason

That is what has confused me as well. I was LIMDU for a year and was told I was fit for full duty and told to get the "rash" on my neck looked at by the boat as it wasn't anything serious. So like I stated been without a tld and able to perform any duties that a nuke does for over a year now. I keep getting told by my CoC and medical that I still am useful to the department. Should I bring up a peb to my primary when I go follow up or is that like spitting in their face? Also what warrants a peb? Thank you Jason

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, indeed, never default acceptance to injustice; fight then continue to fight some more until receipt of the specific military medical actions warranted by your medical condition(s)! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Well finally saw cardiology and was told that there is nothing wrong with me just high blood pressure and that I will just have to have my medications increased as my blood pressure comes back up. When asked what is causing this my doctor said your labs are normal so I'm not sure. Needless to say I am requesting a referral to a civilian cardiologist. This doctor came in after telling the interns outside my room to get him lunch and he would be done in 5-10 mins cause I just had results to go over. He came in and started reading results for tests we discussed over a yr ago. When I informed him he replied oh well what are you here for. I informed him I was in the ER twice for high Bp and hr and I try showing him paperwork and he is says I don't need to see them and says let's look at your results. He looks says they are normal and says I'm adding a fourth medication and leave your atenolol at 100mg and just come back when your Bp and hr start going up again. He couldn't even get my name or age or rate right in the whole 10 mins I was with him. Filed an ice report with the hospital. Felt like him eye balling his lunch the whole visit was a slap in the face and fuck off. I'm really tried and just want to know what is causing this. Hope everyone has a good weekend.