In service Mental Health Exams

JoeNavy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello all,
Anyone have experience with the PAI (Personality Assessment Inventory) or TSI-2 (Trauma Symptoms Inventory -2)? There are others that are questionnaires which aid in diagnoses and treatment. What weight do these carry in the mental health world? Does anyone have positive or negative results related to the finding from these?

Psychological assessments are a tool that point toward potential diagnoses. Final diagnosis involves talking to the patient.

Many years ago an applicant for a law enforcement position was given a battery of test, including the MMPI. Upon arriving for her psychological interview she said,
"you probably think I'm paranoid."
"why do say that?"
"that test"
"what about that test?"
"the one that ask if I was being followed and questions like that....."
"and?"
"I really am being followed. I'm going through a divorce and my soon to be ex has a private detective following me around."

And she really was being followed. Test are only tools. BTW she was hired.

Best wishes
MDG

Thanks. I haven't heard much following the exams. I was told that they could tell I was honest, answered consistently and the results were valid and could be used. I'm getting put on LIMDU and need to visit the psychiatrist next. I don't really know what I have going on completely so I suppose they will figure it out.