incap pay. florida air national guard. Jacksonville Fl

surfnut19

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have been battling with incap pay for over a year now. the first 6 months the problem was on my base and just about time my base has got the "incap pay" program working. Starting month 7 I needed approval from NGB for another 6 months. It's now 14 months since my injury that I have a L.O.D., still receiving medical treatment for my L.O.D., going through a MEB as a code "37", "my treating medical provider" the person who see's me face to face for medical treatment in writing I am not fit for duty. My commander said I am not fit for duty, The state air surgeon I am not fit for duty. I have to my shop supervisor, my commander, base commander, state IG, and a congressional that i am still waiting on

I assume they stopped your incap pay? If so, your command has to submit another request to extend it. Should be a rubber stamp since you're being medically boarded.

Florida National Guard means you're going through the Florida Office of the State Surgeon (FL-OTSS). It's been my experience that FL-OTSS isn't in the business of getting things done, and when on rare occasion they do get them done its "Unicorn Rare" they do them correctly.

You're post is too vague to offer much help. Where's the holdup, are you having troubles getting FL-OTSS to process your PPW, or has NGB denied you, or has NGB review board failed to hear your case? First part of knowing how to fix the problem is have a decent understanding of what it is.

I've been dealing with FL-OTSS for over a year myself, they are my "Clown Car" and NGB for the last couple months as I too went over the 6 month mark. Here to help but need more information.

Florida National Guard means you're going through the Florida Office of the State Surgeon (FL-OTSS). It's been my experience that FL-OTSS isn't in the business of getting things done, and when on rare occasion they do get them done its "Unicorn Rare" they do them correctly.

You're post is too vague to offer much help. Where's the holdup, are you having troubles getting FL-OTSS to process your PPW, or has NGB denied you, or has NGB review board failed to hear your case? First part of knowing how to fix the problem is have a decent understanding of what it is.

I've been dealing with FL-OTSS for over a year myself, they are my "Clown Car" and NGB for the last couple months as I too went over the 6 month mark. Here to help but need more information.

To give an update: NGB has told me I will not be getting incap pay, at the end of 2013. I have now appealed to the BCMR back in April. I have been told that it takes about a year for them to approve or deny the appeal. About four more months to go.

To give an update: NGB has told me I will not be getting incap pay, at the end of 2013. I have now appealed to the BCMR back in April. I have been told that it takes about a year for them to approve or deny the appeal. About four more months to go.
The BCMR's have to complete 80 percent of their cases within 9 months . . .

Many variables come into play so I can't guess on the likelihood of success for you.

What reason did NGB give for denial of the INCAP pay?

In my case they denied the claim based solely on the fact that FL-OTSS failed (not once but twice, and now a third time) to write a complete and correct LOD. NGB said that because LOD 2 didn't contain "lumbar radiculopathy" (the term used by the military doctor on that periods Fitness for Duty report) they wouldn't honor the claim until the LOD was done for the THRID TIME.

LOD 1, a complete failure stated only my thoracic spine was injured, when in fact my lumbar spine had the worst injuries (including having the L4-L5 disc completely removed due to the LOD injury). Swing and a miss...

LOD 2, had some half baked nonsense was sloppily written and still left out key conditions, including "lumbar radiculopathy".

LOD 3, still half baked nonsense, and believe it or not, STILL not containing the term "lumbar radiculopathy".

Florida Office of the State Surgeon (FL-OTSS) is as incompetent as they get.

Hopefully the ABCMR will do better, but from what I've heard about their dealings I'm not impressed.