INCAP pay question

kmurr1231

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My husband is an Army Reservist who is in the middle of the IDES process. About 6 months ago, he was notified by someone within his command about INCAP pay but no one knew any of the specifics of how to get it. Over the last 6 months or so, I have been doing a ton of research on INCAP, with most of the thanks to this forum! According to what I have researched and calculated, my husband would be due a rather large amount for incap if everything goes according to how I am interpreting the regulations. The large sum of money would be for Tier 1 and Tier 2 losses over the course of the last 5.5 years. My husband, however, is skeptical that he will get any money at all. His command is supportive but they aren't fully versed in INCAP. He is a skeptic and thinks INCAP pay is too good to be true. I am confident that his Tier 1 incap losses will be paid out eventually, but it's the Tier 2 losses that I am now doubting.

My husband has ILOD bipolar from his active duty days. He went straight from AD to Reserves (the ILOD wasn't determined until he was well into his time in the Reserves). After AD, he landed his dream job for which he had a security clearance. After a hospitalization in 2013, he lost this security clearance and lost his job because he could only work for this company with a security clearance. He was unemployed for 6.5 months. He took the first job that he was offered. Since he lost his job due to the loss of his security clearance, would this be eligible for Tier 2? He has the 7574 military physician forms signed that he was not able to perform his civilian duties for that 6.5 month time period.

This whole LOD bipolar has drastically changed our lives and not for the better, obviously. So, to think that he could be compensated in some way for those times over the last 5 years that he was unfit for military duty and his civilian work, it would just be a miracle for our family right now. But, I am worried that I am clinging too tightly to INCAP when it may not be realistic?

So, my main question is: Tier 2 incap eligible for the time he was unemployed due to loss of his clearance from hospitalization for LOD illness?

Thank you very much for taking time to help me!