10 Years in active duty.
Feb 2016 Initial mental health issue arises
Mar 2016 Get seen for a month at mental health facility
Apr 2016 Mental health provider says SGA is going to suggest MEB
May 2016 Second Hospitalization for 1 month, no MEB yet
Jun 2016 Mental health provider rights my narrative summary
July 2016 profile put in but not code 37
Aug 29 2016 Code 37 put in. MEB started
Oct 2016 C&P appts take place for 1 week.
17 Nov 2016 AFPC gives an unfit (I had to call OAC for this, my PEBLO hasn't contacted me with this news)
Today, after talking with OAC I am now waiting for the rating from VA and AFPC. OAC were really really helpful, just looked me up on some system and updated me. but didn't have a concrete timeline (tentative 4 weeks) I cant complain about my PEBLO he is very helpful to me, but I get that he probably has a heavy case load with me included.
I called VA here in San Antonio, and the guy I talked to mentioned that they could have a rating possible by Jan 2017 or earlier (Not holding my breath on that one).
I feel like my situation may be moving quite well, and I'm very active in finding out what is going on with it.
I feel like I will receive a TDRL first and then go PDRL 30% we'll see.

What's the number to OAC? I would love some help with my MEB, I should be out in 2 weeks. Now I'm in medical hold.

Office of the Airmen's Counsel at DSN 665-0739 or Commercial at (210) 565-0739. Individuals can also e-mail the counsel at [email protected].

I am entirely too impatient and stressed out to deal with this long MEB process. Ive been dealing with this since Feb 2016 and I'm just ready to get this over with.
When your PEBLO is so sure that it will be either PDRL or TDRL, what is AFPC's hold up? they are only reviewing one unfitting condition.....
Vent complete.

Sergeant Crazy, I completely get the being stressed out part. My process started in march and it seems everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. My last C&P exam was Oct. 3rd but my Peblo couldn't get my stuff sent up until 3 Nov. to IPEB because one of the C&P doctors said that I had snowflake cataracts and my Peblo didn't believe him so she made me an appt with the AF eye doctor three weeks later just for them to say yes it's cataracts but not snowflake. From the beginning I have been telling my PEBLO that my husband and daughter PCS from JBSA to Vandenburge since the start on 2 January. No help to get it rushed so I can leave with them. Also the DAWG had taken two months to review my package because apparently there main person was on leave. So stressful.

X_Jeska Now that we are in the Holiday season, both AFPC and the VA are at a damn-near stand still.

What is considered "Alot of VA Disabilities"? I keep hearing that your claim moves based on the amount of claims you put in.

10 Years in active duty.
15 dec 2016 EBENEFITS moves to pending decision
15 dec 2016 EBENEFITS moves to pending decision approval

I went through the process a while back. When I was in the same stage as you, it took 9 more months for me to get a date to get out. I was told it would take a couple of weeks, but then a girl that was at taps with me told me that the proccess would take up to a year sine that how long it did for her and it did. Try to start looking for jobs now, the job market is absolutely horrible.

@Freddy_USAF, that's a long wait, 9 more months??? IDES is supposed to be faster than the old system. I hope this isn't the case. I'm hoping I can work a low paying job and add the retirement pay to it wont be a hardship.

10 Years in active duty.
20 Dec 2016 Ebenefits sends proposed rating by mail.

10 Years in active duty.

Congrats it looks like your case is moving. I called the VA today to get an update if they received any paperwork from AFPC yet and they stated on the 7th and 8th of December AFPC sent them a 500 page packet. My stuff was sent to the IPEB on 3 Nov. Could this be my unfit memo? The man I spoke with couldn't tell me much about the packet just that it was 500 pages long.

Congrats it looks like your case is moving. I called the VA today to get an update if they received any paperwork from AFPC yet and they stated on the 7th and 8th of December AFPC sent them a 500 page packet. My stuff was sent to the IPEB on 3 Nov. Could this be my unfit memo? The man I spoke with couldn't tell me much about the packet just that it was 500 pages long.

Thank you, It sounds like you were probably already found unfit, the packet is to move forward with your informal board, you will most likely be evaluated for ratings now using the 500 page packet. this is the part that takes months.

Thank you, It sounds like you were probably already found unfit, the packet is to move forward with your informal board, you will most likely be evaluated for ratings now using the 500 page packet. this is the part that takes months.

I called my PEBLO and she looked at it and said I was found unfit. Attleast that part is done. Now a couple more months of waiting. I know you said your where mailed out to you on the 20th but did you call your PEBLO to ask her what you got. My PEBLO told me a while ago that they can see our ratings long before we ever know they are done but that she doesn't like to tell people because it could change. I would just rather know attleast where I stand. I am nervous about my foot, that's why I am getting med boarded. In 04 I stepped on glass and cut the bottom of my foot at work. Over the years my heal turned inwards, my big toe got stuck up, and it was extremely painful on the sesamoids. I finally stopped trying to be tough and take care of it and they did 6 Surgeries and now my big toe cannot bend and is fused to my foot bone so I have to roll my foot to walk but it's difficult because they cut my heal off and moved it to help me walk better. They said I have bursitis and sesamoiditis in both feet now because if the way I compensated over the years. So nervous but I literally can't run or where shoes with heels, when they had me try to run in physical therapy I tore my tendons in my ankle. No luck.

I called my PEBLO and she looked at it and said I was found unfit. Attleast that part is done. Now a couple more months of waiting. I know you said your where mailed out to you on the 20th but did you call your PEBLO to ask her what you got. My PEBLO told me a while ago that they can see our ratings long before we ever know they are done but that she doesn't like to tell people because it could change. I would just rather know attleast where I stand. I am nervous about my foot, that's why I am getting med boarded. In 04 I stepped on glass and cut the bottom of my foot at work. Over the years my heal turned inwards, my big toe got stuck up, and it was extremely painful on the sesamoids. I finally stopped trying to be tough and take care of it and they did 6 Surgeries and now my big toe cannot bend and is fused to my foot bone so I have to roll my foot to walk but it's difficult because they cut my heal off and moved it to help me walk better. They said I have bursitis and sesamoiditis in both feet now because if the way I compensated over the years. So nervous but I literally can't run or where shoes with heels, when they had me try to run in physical therapy I tore my tendons in my ankle. No luck.

Sorry all that happened to you.
I did talk to my PEBLO on that day, he showed me what looked like 100% rating, but then also spoke similar to yours and said that he doesnt want me to expect it because it could change.
I still haven't received my ratings in the mail as of Christmas Eve.

10 Years in active duty.
23 Dec 2016 contacted AFPC via email about rating timeline. Told they received the va rating, and that my PEBLO should receive AFPC's rating with 15 days. Also low key told to never ask them again.

Hope you had a good Christmas. That's good news. At least AFPC let you know they received it. It seems your case is moving pretty fast compared to others. Thank you for the updates, it makes me hopeful that mine may be quick like yours, or attleast mine might speed up in January. Keep me posted please. Also, that's great if you get 100%. Did you expect to get that much?

Christmas was great, thanks, yours? I did not expect anything near that, i was thinking least case 30, best case 50 or 60.