JBSA Lackland Timeline

Once it goes to VA rep, you will start to see VA for medical evaluations, the VA will then begin to determine the severity of your unfitting condition, depending on how many other claims you have it could take longer.
My PEBLO wrote me today and said that I was being referred to the VA today or tomorrow morning and that I should hear something early next week from my VA rep...Hopefully it starts moving a little quicker now. Thanks for the info! The last time I got this far Medical Standards gave me a return to duty but said that if I have anymore issues that I would go for a full MEB but it seemed like it took longer this time to get to this point. My PEBLO seems pretty sure now that I will be separated by September so we will see.

So I had my first meeting with my MSC and it seemed like he was going to rely on what they found in my C&P appointments. I asked him if I should put certain conditions down and he was like...ehh if you want. Has anyone claimed the burn pit exposure while deployed? I asked him about that because I started getting migraines after that and he said that I shouldnt put it down...

So I had my General and hearing C&P appointment this week and they both seemed to go pretty well. The General Doctor was pretty laid back and stopped "touching and moving" things as soon as I squinted the wrong way. The hearing Doctor told me straight up that I will get at least 10% from hearing. Just have my mental health appointment on Monday and then the waiting game begins.

Has anyone had any progress here at Lackland lately? Been waiting on my results to be sent back to my PEBLO for about 2 weeks now, so hopefully it wont be much longer before I can get the real process started.

Well it seems like I am the only one following Lacklands timelines right now but I will give yall what progress I got today. Talked to PEBLO and was told my package met the MEB today so I have to meet with him to sign some paperwork (not sure what it is) tomorrow. He then said my package will go to the PEB next week and will probably be there for 2 weeks (give or take) and then off to the VA for ratings. My MSC told me they are moving pretty quickly right now and it should only take 2-3 weeks **Fingers crossed**. My PEBLO made it seem like my process is going to pick up going forward and I could be out sooner rather than later. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thank

Well it seems like I am the only one following Lacklands timelines right now but I will give yall what progress I got today. Talked to PEBLO and was told my package met the MEB today so I have to meet with him to sign some paperwork (not sure what it is) tomorrow. He then said my package will go to the PEB next week and will probably be there for 2 weeks (give or take) and then off to the VA for ratings. My MSC told me they are moving pretty quickly right now and it should only take 2-3 weeks **Fingers crossed**. My PEBLO made it seem like my process is going to pick up going forward and I could be out sooner rather than later. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thank

I'm not at Lackland, but my MSC stated they are taking about 2 months total to render a decision. That's obviously much longer than the 2-3 week estimate your MSC projected, but both are still relatively short. I'm hoping your MSC was the better guesser!!!

So I talked to my PEBLO today and went over my paperwork. He said that they have been getting cases back from the PEB AND VA in about 7 weeks...total between the two. Hopefully he is right and I get something back in the next two months.

Well not sure this is the case since my package went up to AFPC over a week ago but it still hasnt been accepted...Heres hoping to this week.

It was accepted by AFPC today...Updated timeline below.

Case was sent to the VA today...on a Saturday of all days!

Can anyone from Lackland (AF) confirm when they received their final paycheck? Finance told me it would hit my account in 5 business days from my separation but everywhere I look says up to 45 days. 3 different people at the local finance office told me the same thing but DFAS is telling me they are wrong...It is funny though because the local finance office said that DFAS handles everything and DFAS said the local finance office handles everything...lol no one knows whats going on here.

H
Can anyone from Lackland (AF) confirm when they received their final paycheck? Finance told me it would hit my account in 5 business days from my separation but everywhere I look says up to 45 days. 3 different people at the local finance office told me the same thing but DFAS is telling me they are wrong...It is funny though because the local finance office said that DFAS handles everything and DFAS said the local finance office handles everything...lol no one knows whats going on here.
did you finally get your check?

H

did you finally get your check?
Yes...I got my check about 4 days after my separation date. It included my final check, severance check and leave sold.