Just starting a PDBR claim. Advice and help please.

sk2_ski

Registered Member
First off I want to say thank you to all of you for your service.

I was discharged from the Navy via PEB in 2007 with a 10% rating for bipolar disorder. I also believe I had an addendum of Asthma which was rated at 0%. Within four months of discharge the VA rated me at 50% for the bipolar disorder, and 30% for the asthma. My first question would be if this is a good case to even submit?

Secondly I have just started filling out my DD Form 294. Blocks 3 and 4 seem to be quite troublesome. I am really not sure what to put in these blocks. I mean is it enough to say hey just look at the difference. I know it is the government, but the difference here seems pretty obvious. They will be obtaining my PEB and VA results themselves if I am reading into this correctly. My biggest fear here is writing the "wrong" thing and hurting my own case. Any advice for these blocks would be amazingly helpful since I am a very poor orator.

Again thank you all for your service and helpful advice to my questions.

Respectfully
SK2 Ski

BoBo85365

Registered Member
SK2_ski
I am in the same boat, not sure what to put in block 3 and 4. Will anything I add be considered, or will my medical records speak for themselves?

Rater81

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would suggest using Lawyers Serving Warriors to assist. My final application was 94 pages. If you're eligible
to use them, it seems to be well worth it.

Rater81

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The way I look at it is, you only get one chance so it better be the best. It’s by no means a fast process and it’s even slower doing it with an attorney. But, hopefully the outcome will be better.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">