LA AFB Timeline (DCMA San Diego location)

So you got an email after it went to the VA for ratings? I didnt know we would get another email after the one saying it was at the VA.

So you got an email after it went to the VA for ratings? I didnt know we would get another email after the one saying it was at the VA.
Yup. There are three automated emails: AFPC gets the package, AFPC sends your case to VA for rating, and when your package is complete and results have been sent to your PEBLO.

Good to know, thanks!

@ruyehara47, good gouge. How did you find out then that the VA sent the package back to the DoD? Thanks!
The timeline in vets.gov said my claim was closed, so my PEBLO said that means they have sent it back to the AF to figure out your DoD numbers.

So I had a claim open and close today in eBenefits but my old one that has been there is still open. The open one needs a doc that is to claim something new the Dr found during my exams but my VA rep said they would keep processing my claim as normal and I could claim the other part later (don't need it right now since I am already at 100% with VA). I just don't know why there was a new claim open and closed today with the same dates as my other claim. Any ideas? Thanks!

So I had a claim open and close today in eBenefits but my old one that has been there is still open. The open one needs a doc that is to claim something new the Dr found during my exams but my VA rep said they would keep processing my claim as normal and I could claim the other part later (don't need it right now since I am already at 100% with VA). I just don't know why there was a new claim open and closed today with the same dates as my other claim. Any ideas? Thanks!

The new claim is more than likley they placeholder for your final ratings, they will populate your proposed ratings into the final ratings once they pass the QA check. You first need to provide them with our DD-214 showing you are released from active duty.

The new claim is more than likley they placeholder for your final ratings, they will populate your proposed ratings into the final ratings once they pass the QA check. You first need to provide them with our DD-214 showing you are released from active duty.
Thats kind of what I was thinking. So maybe my ratings actually got sent back to the AF today...I took all the fun out of waiting since my MSC told me all of my ratings but at least I do not have to stress about it now.

Got my email that my case went to DRAS for ratings

Awesome! Shouldn't be too long now.
Wow, we're on the same timeline for our ratings. Fingers crossed for both of us that we get what we want.

Nice. They have been pretty quick about turning those around. I'm still waiting on the AF to get the ratings back from the VA...

Nice. They have been pretty quick about turning those around. I'm still waiting on the AF to get the ratings back from the VA...
Do you know if the VA sent your case back to the AF yet?

Wondering what the time difference for separation is for separation vs. retirement. I see that for retirement most get over 3 months, but I can't seem to find a timeline where the member is separating. Someone said that the military will separate a member towards the end of the month. Just trying to figure out my timeline.

I got the email from mypers today saying my PEBLO has been sent my AF 356 and I should hear something within 24 hours. So I hope to hear from him tomorrow.

I got the email from mypers today saying my PEBLO has been sent my AF 356 and I should hear something within 24 hours. So I hope to hear from him tomorrow.
Congrats, you're almost to the end!

Got 20%DoD/100% VA! Start unit outprocessing next week while I am waiting on my orders to be cut. Requested 27Oct separation.

Got 20%DoD/100% VA! Start unit outprocessing next week while I am waiting on my orders to be cut. Requested 27Oct separation.
OMG! That was quick! Congratulations. I know you've been waiting for this day. That's a quick separation, too. Did they already send you the 365 to sign?

OMG! That was quick! Congratulations. I know you've been waiting for this day. That's a quick separation, too. Did they already send you the 365 to sign?
Yea I signed it today so he said I should get my order in the next week or two. Said I could go ahead and start outprocessing my unit now.

Yea I signed it today so he said I should get my order in the next week or two. Said I could go ahead and start outprocessing my unit now.
That's great! I'm happy for you. Must feel really good to be done with this whole convoluted process.