TDWilliams

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just got an email from the PDBR stating this:
We have updated your new address. Your case has met the board and is awaiting Service review. Cases are currently taking 24 months.

Respectfully,
Physical Disability Board of Review

Am I at the last stages, or do I still have a ways to go?

Received letter from Wounded Warriors Program Dec 2016
Applied Jan 2017
Application was accepted Mar 2017
Received letter that my case was adjudicated and sent to PDBR from review August 2017
Email Stating: Once reviewed by the PDBR Director your case will be sent to the Service for final approval/disapproval. This phase can take 45 days. Mar 2017
Email Stating: . Your case has met the board and is awaiting Service review. Cases are currently taking 24 months. April 2017

Does anyone knows what happens next? Anything will be appreciated.

Thank you!!
:)

Just got received this in my email today:
Your case has completed the boarding process and is awaiting Service review and approval/disapproval. You should receive a letter via mail within the next 30 days.

Respectfully,
Physical Disability Board of Review

Am I done??

Thoughts??

No, it takes 3-4 months for your branch to sign off on the decision. After that you have to wait for your orders to change your retirement status and DD214 changes, along with further instructions regarding other things you have to do. Like the saying goes, it's all over except for the yelling at this point. You still have MONTHS to go.

It took 3 months for the Army to sign off on my decision. Now, I'm waiting for my instructions.

Ahhh, wow. I didn’t realize the process was still ongoing even toward the end. Worst than filing a VA claim. Thanks for the info Dusty. :)

I received an email from PDBR this evening. I was blessed to even receive this from them. Just waiting on the Army now.
This is only the PDBR recommendation and the Army must except the recommendation or can change or make no change to your rating. Currently your case is still under Army Review.
Retired List with a disability rating of 50% for a period of 6 months (IAW VASRD §4.129); and upon final disposition permanent disability retirement with a combined disability rating of 30% rather than 10%.

I received an email from PDBR this evening. I was blessed to even receive this from them. Just waiting on the Army now.
This is only the PDBR recommendation and the Army must except the recommendation or can change or make no change to your rating. Currently your case is still under Army Review.
Retired List with a disability rating of 50% for a period of 6 months (IAW VASRD §4.129); and upon final disposition permanent disability retirement with a combined disability rating of 30% rather than 10%.

they sent you their decision. oh my oh my oh!!!! to early to say congrats??? that is amazing news to get. Smiling from ear to ear for you. :)

Are you receiving any retro pay? If so, please inform of me of the process. Some get it, some don’t.

Thank you. I am really surprised that the PDBR sent me there recommendations. Now I will just sit patiently on the Army's decision. When I receive there decision I will let you know. I'm not sure if I will receive any retropay if approved because my VA benefits is higher then the retirement benefits. Since it was Combat related I can file for CRSC. I know I didn't have to pay back my serverance pay to the VA since it was Combat related but will have to pay it back if I get CRSC since it's part of retirement pay. It's tricky how all this works. I'm learning as I go.

Thank you. I am really surprised that the PDBR sent me there recommendations. Now I will just sit patiently on the Army's decision. When I receive there decision I will let you know. I'm not sure if I will receive any retropay if approved because my VA benefits is higher then the retirement benefits. Since it was Combat related I can file for CRSC. I know I didn't have to pay back my serverance pay to the VA since it was Combat related but will have to pay it back if I get CRSC since it's part of retirement pay. It's tricky how all this works. I'm learning as I go.

This just came in this morning:
Your application was recently considered by the Physical Disability Board of Review (PDBR). Our agency has oversight of the PDBR. The application identified as AR20180005692 has been considered by the PDBR and sent to the Army Review Boards Agency for final review and approval by the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Review Boards). Once the review is completed, you will be notified of the decision.

v/r

Customer Service Representative/vac
Army Review Boards Agency
251 18th Street South, Suite 385
Arlington VA 22202

Email: [email protected]

Almost done? Maybe a couple of months left?

This just came in this morning:
Your application was recently considered by the Physical Disability Board of Review (PDBR). Our agency has oversight of the PDBR. The application identified as AR20180005692 has been considered by the PDBR and sent to the Army Review Boards Agency for final review and approval by the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Review Boards). Once the review is completed, you will be notified of the decision.

v/r

Customer Service Representative/vac
Army Review Boards Agency
251 18th Street South, Suite 385
Arlington VA 22202

Email: [email protected]

Almost done? Maybe a couple of months left?

I just received this too.
Your application was recently considered by the Physical Disability Board of Review (PDBR). Our agency has oversight of the PDBR. The application identified as AR20180004897 has been considered by the PDBR and sent to the Army Review Boards Agency for final review and approval by the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Review Boards). Once the review is completed, you will be notified of the decision.

I just received this too.
Your application was recently considered by the Physical Disability Board of Review (PDBR). Our agency has oversight of the PDBR. The application identified as AR20180004897 has been considered by the PDBR and sent to the Army Review Boards Agency for final review and approval by the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Review Boards). Once the review is completed, you will be notified of the decision.

looks like we all in this together, headed to the finish line.

Just received an email.
The Army DDA signed out your final decision on 7 MAY 18. It was sent to the address below

Hello I believe I submitted my paperwork back in August of last year. I was told a few months ago my file was in the record collection stage. Does PDBR look at all of your disabilities?

Just received an email.
The Army DDA signed out your final decision on 7 MAY 18. It was sent to the address below
So yes I am secretly jealous right now, but happy you got a response. I got an email, but nothing close to that. They told me that they didn’t have time frame of when my application will be reviewed.
1 Step closer!!! :)

Hello I believe I submitted my paperwork back in August of last year. I was told a few months ago my file was in the record collection stage. Does PDBR look at all of your disabilities?
No they just look at what you were discharged for. This is from my experience. Others may be different.

No they just look at what you were discharged for. This is from my experience. Others may be different.
Thank you for your response. You got out on 10%? If you dont mind me asking what is your VA rating? On my original application it asked if I wanted them to look at my VA disabilities. I wonder why

Thank you for your response. You got out on 10%? If you dont mind me asking what is your VA rating? On my original application it asked if I wanted them to look at my VA disabilities. I wonder why

My exit rating was 20% unfit with severance, I am now at 90% with the two conditions I was discharged for increased.

I filed for PDBR on 21 February 2017.
I was discharged 10% w/severance pay through the Army. Mine was Combat related. VA rated me 50% for same rating a couple months after discharged. Then upgraded to 70%.

I filed for PDBR on 21 February 2017.
I was discharged 10% w/severance pay through the Army. Mine was Combat related. VA rated me 50% for same rating a couple months after discharged. Then upgraded to 70%.

I filed a couple of weeks right after you.