So yes I am secretly jealous right now, but happy you got a response. I got an email, but nothing close to that. They told me that they didn’t have time frame of when my application will be reviewed.
1 Step closer!!! :)

Yeah, I was surprised when they wrote and told me. They have kept me well informed. I sure hope they get yours finished soon and you get the benefits you deserve.

Yeah, I was surprised when they wrote and told me. They have kept me well informed. I sure hope they get yours finished soon and you get the benefits you deserve.

you are clearly one of the lucky ones. I hope so too. :)

UPDATE: Received my White Envelope
50% TDRL for 6 months then 30% Permanent Retirement.
The paperwork was signed 7April 18.
The postage stamp said 5 June 18.

I called and they said that they sent paper work to my last duty station. So they can get my last orders revoked to get my new orders.

Now I am relieved to know the decision part is over with.

Also you won't find any clues through ebenefits, Tricare portol, HRC, or Deers. I tested that theory. It all comes down to the White Envelope. I will continue to keep you posted how it all unfolds

UPDATE: Received my White Envelope
50% TDRL for 6 months then 30% Permanent Retirement.
The paperwork was signed 7April 18.
The postage stamp said 5 June 18.

I called and they said that they sent paper work to my last duty station. So they can get my last orders revoked to get my new orders.

Now I am relieved to know the decision part is over with.

Also you won't find any clues through ebenefits, Tricare portol, HRC, or Deers. I tested that theory. It all comes down to the White Envelope. I will continue to keep you posted how it all unfolds

CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!
This is great news!!!! I am glad the decision didn’t change. :) A weight has been lifted and now you can move forward with a smile on your face. Did they say how long it will be when you get you new orders?
Will you be applying for CSRC?

CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!
This is great news!!!! I am glad the decision didn’t change. :) A weight has been lifted and now you can move forward with a smile on your face. Did they say how long it will be when you get you new orders?
Will you be applying for CSRC?

Thank you so much. I sure hope you hear something positive soon. Now since I know the PDBR decision I can relax. All this other waiting won't be hard.
I'm not sure on the wait time for my new orders. I figure a couple months.
Yes, I will apply for CRSC. I know that will be a year process by reading other soldiers posts.
I called Fort Carson about the retirement brieff. The RSO told me that all there retirement briefs are done online now.

http://www.carson.army.mil/dhr/DHR/MPD/PPB/RetirementServicesOfficer.html

@ShadowStalker or @Perci75 know the timeline of when we get updated dd214 or additional paperwork? Did any of your documents state adjustment in pay? Everything is surreal for me now. I have read my docs soo many times I know it by heart. Hahaha!

@ShadowStalker or @Perci75 know the timeline of when we get updated dd214 or additional paperwork? Did any of your documents state adjustment in pay? Everything is surreal for me now. I have read my docs soo many times I know it by heart. Hahaha!
Its an awesome feeling to know the hard part is over with. I'm still excited on the whole outcome. Now I wait for instructions. I hope that packet comes soon. I called Ft. Carson RSO. They said i need to do retirement briefs online. I finished and printed there certificate. Yes, I am way ahead of myself.
I know in the next week or so we should receive it by FedEx. What I have read from past posts.

Who I call? I am in California and there is no Army base near by, just two AF bases. Beale and Travis. So once you receive yours, I should expect mine within in a week. :)

Who I call? I am in California and there is no Army base near by, just two AF bases. Beale and Travis. So once you receive yours, I should expect mine within in a week. :)
I've called my last duty station where I was medboarded. Then asked them about my retirement briefing and ceremonies.

I will definitely let you know when I get my packet. We can help each other through the rest of this process.

RAPIDS site locator can also help you find the nearest I'd card and deers. After you get further along in the process.

I will call Fort Stewart in morning and see what they tell me. thx :)

I think the Army is a bit different then the AF. From what Ive read on here it seem the process after the PDBR for the Army is quicker. For the AF we are required to call Air Force Personnel Center and get a quick briefing. We then wait for the SBP briefing. If you leave within 50 miles of an AF base, they will set up an appointment and you go there. Beale is the closest for me but over 100 miles so my briefing will be over the phone. I was told 30-60 days out for my SBP briefing then each other entity (not exactly sure how many) has around 30 days to complete their part.

I was also advised (at least for AF retirees) that some people have been waiting 3 years. I hope this is the exception and not the rule. Any AF folks been through this entire process and can share their timeline?

Talking to Mr. Al from HRC (army) he is was actually working on my packet as i called him up. (Crazy right) He stated it would be 30-60days before I get my packet. I he was super nice and helpful talking with me. He stated that once he sends me my package he sends one to DFAS to determine what I am owed. He already has my orders and my updated dd214. So hopefully I will get it sooner than the timeline given.

Talking to Mr. Al from HRC (army) he is was actually working on my packet as i called him up. (Crazy right) He stated it would be 30-60days before I get my packet. I he was super nice and helpful talking with me. He stated that once he sends me my package he sends one to DFAS to determine what I am owed. He already has my orders and my updated dd214. So hopefully I will get it sooner than the timeline given.

Thats Awesome!!

My understanding is, AF won't cut orders until after I have my SBP briefing.

Thats Awesome!!

My understanding is, AF won't cut orders until after I have my SBP briefing.

Ah I see. So AF has more steps. Well, since you are kinda near Beale, if they make you come out, Retirement drinks :)

My husband got the coveted "white envelope yesterday. Such a long road we have traveled. When he was medically discharged we knew that his case was mishandled. 12 years later it is finally over. I've been watching everyone go through the same thing as us and it kills me. However, NEVER GIVE UP! many times we thought about it. When he got his application to do the PDBR he sat on it for over a year before mailing it in. So again, do not give up.

I do have a question to those who are finally on the other side. How long until we get orders so that we can get our ID cards back? Is he entitled to a retirement ceremony? How do I make this happen for him? Has anyone ever actually collected on the back pay? Or does the Army and VA take it all? Or is there a way to calculate that?

We were in the wave of letters that just went out. Ours was dated May 5, 2018. case # PD-2017-01443 SEPARATION DATE: 20070216 in case anyone is wanting information on their fight. Not sure if it helps, but maybe.

@tinker2cute Congrats!! Welcome! First, about the back pay, there is a lot that goes into it. I will try an example the best I can from DFAS this morning the Rep gave me the info on that.

-What is the date of separation on your orders? (This determines the date of when your retirement pay will start if your date, for example, is Jan 2007, then the backpay could start there)

-Is your VA rating higher than you Miltary rating? (For example, if your VA rating at separation was 50% and your military rating was 30%, you will not receive anything.)

-If not, when did it increase? (at separation your VA rating was 10% (your military is 30%) and didn't increase for a couple of years, then you would get back pay up until the VA rating increased

-Did you collect severance? If so, did you pay it? (if you still owe severance, that will be recouped first)

For me, I was separated @ 20% in Jan 2007, I received a severance. That severance has been paid in full as of Dec 2017. I am now at 90% as of 2015. I will be awarded retro pay from 2007 until 2015. That is only if my orders state that my retirement is from date of separation.

I hope this helps you and anyone else.

This info was given me to this morning by a DFAS rep.