Question 3. Since I was discharged and processed through fort Stewart. Are they the ones who will amend and reissue the retirement orders? I moved last year to my home town in Kona Hawaii. The closest military bases are on Oahu. Go figure. That I lived in Hinesville after I got out and now that I’m back in my home town I won’t really have easy access to the benifits.

Mine was process by HRC, but again contact Mr. Al on that one. He is very polite (as long as you are respectful as well) and will provide you with all the info that you are needing.

Does anyone know what the minimum amount of retired pay is? Percentage wise? Is it 30% of pay for 30% disability rating?

30% of your basic pay (not including BAH) time in grade so if you were a E-5 with over 4 years in 2010, then you base 30% off of that.

@TDWilliams , thanks for the info. I figure it will be hit or miss with the CRSC. ill try tomorrow to call Mr. Al. ITs a six hour time difference for me. I have to say this has been an emotional few days since I got the decision. 12 Years of vindication for what I know was a bad board result. I really want to thank all of you who have been supportive and Mr. Perry for your support. My wife was initially asking me what it means with the decision. I told her first and foremost it has given me closure on how I was treated and shown the door after 19 years of service. Of course, the benefits especially Medical have taken a very large weight off my back.

@TDWilliams , thanks for the info. I figure it will be hit or miss with the CRSC. ill try tomorrow to call Mr. Al. ITs a six hour time difference for me. I have to say this has been an emotional few days since I got the decision. 12 Years of vindication for what I know was a bad board result. I really want to thank all of you who have been supportive and Mr. Perry for your support. My wife was initially asking me what it means with the decision. I told her first and foremost it has given me closure on how I was treated and shown the door after 19 years of service. Of course, the benefits especially Medical have taken a very large weight off my back.

I totally feel with what you are going thru, It has been 11 years for me. When I was med boarded, I knew in my soul I was wronged, but I didn't fight. I took it and moved forward. I was informed by wounded warriors that I am likely owed retired due to my discharge rating and what I was med boarded for. I figured what the heck, what is the worst that could happen. I was just rated at 90% by the VA and felt that I have won the battle, but once I received my letter from the Army, cried like never before. It was a weight lifted off of me. Sure I gonna get money, but I was happy that finally, I got what I was supposed to have 11 years ago.

Ok I just got off the phone with the VA and found out the balance of my recoupment is about $1800.00, scheduled to start paying me in October. I then tried calling Mr. Al (H/t to @TDWilliams ). I got a message machine. about two hours later I got a phone call back form him. HE said he had my packet on his desk and was working on the orders/215. Said 120 is the standard but I could expect in the next few weeks to receive a packet containing instructions and orders/215. I then asked him about recoupment and he said yes I would have to pay back the army (one way or another). I explained that I have been recouping to the VA since 2007 was expecting to begin receiving my VA pay in October. HE said if the money has been recouped by the VA then it will be considered paid back. Further said, DFAS and VA will hash out the recoupment, but if I am already paid up through the VA then DFAS wont take anything more as far as Recoupment. I then asked him how far back I would get back pay. He said I should receive all the way back to my retirement date (may 2007) depending if my VA compensation was more than my Retirement Compensation. I told him I am rated 30% through VA and 40% through PDBR. HE said without crunching numbers, That is good, it means you'll get money back. SOOOO, I guess that is a good thing. HE finally said to not do anything as far as making appointments with DEERS until I get my orders and that since I'm in Hawaii now, that I would have to go to Schofield Barracks to do my ID Cards. Which is going to be a problem since I live on a different Island and will have to fly myself, wife and daughter to Oahu. And luckily since I called he was able to update my current address which was wrong. Still don't know how my packet got to me if the address was wrong, but not complaining. Anyway just thought I would give an update.

Yasssss!! Sooo happy to hear great news! :) Spend it wisely @jdelatorre I am glad that you got most of your questions answered.

Called Mr Al Wednesday and my HRC is showing changed from archived to PDRL. Forward progress. Will keep you all informed as it goes on.

*****UPDATE******
I just check my HRC portal and my corrected DD215 is posted. Packet should be in then mail anyway now. :) It shows my date of separation from 10 Jan 2007.

*****UPDATE******
I just check my HRC portal and my corrected DD215 is posted. Packet should be in then mail anyway now. :) It shows my date of separation from 10 Jan 2007.
That's is awesome. I'm happy they have updated your HRC. Now you have a DD215. . I haven't received my orders yet. I'm praying it all comes this week. Please continue to keep us posted on your progress.

******UPDATE FOR ALL THAT IS WAITING********

Spoke to HRC this morning and was informed that they will be sending out documentation to veterans (regarding retirement) sometime week. My docs are in that pile as well. If it is sent out by Friday, we should all get something by next Wednesday or the following Monday, depending on where you paperwork is going. (address on file)

I hope I have eased some minds today. Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday week. :)

******UPDATE FOR ALL THAT IS WAITING********

Spoke to HRC this morning and was informed that they will be sending out documentation to veterans (regarding retirement) sometime week. My docs are in that pile as well. If it is sent out by Friday, we should all get something by next Wednesday or the following Monday, depending on where you paperwork is going. (address on file)

I hope I have eased some minds today. Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday week. :)
I do appreciate you following up with HRC. Now I have a good general idea when to expect my paperwork. Your awesome.

@ShadowStalker no worries, I want to help as much as I can with any information. Never leave a Battle Buddy behind. We are all in this together. I will continue to help as long as I can. :)

Thank you so much. I sure hope you hear something positive soon. Now since I know the PDBR decision I can relax. All this other waiting won't be hard.
I'm not sure on the wait time for my new orders. I figure a couple months.
Yes, I will apply for CRSC. I know that will be a year process by reading other soldiers posts.
I called Fort Carson about the retirement brieff. The RSO told me that all there retirement briefs are done online now.

http://www.carson.army.mil/dhr/DHR/MPD/PPB/RetirementServicesOfficer.html

This might be a stupid question, but ill ask anyway. Does the retirement brief have to be completed by hte last duty station? i am no longer in Georgia and moved back to Hawaii to my HOR. I was wondering if i can jump online like you did and do the brief online.

This might be a stupid question, but ill ask anyway. Does the retirement brief have to be completed by hte last duty station? i am no longer in Georgia and moved back to Hawaii to my HOR. I was wondering if i can jump online like you did and do the brief online.

I'm not sure. I wasn't aware that we would do a brief. @tinker2cute do you have any insight on this?

WOW did not mean to make that so big!! Sorry guys! ID card appointment's been made! I am @ Fort Huachuca so I am geting mine Friday before I fly home. Doug and our youngest are getting theirs on the 27th. He is meeting with the Retirement office tomorrow @ Fort Wood.
/
We do have a question. when you get your back pay, do you have to pay back the V.A? Or no? Does anyone know the process of recouping money spent on civilian insurance? I've already requested our co-pays and all deductibles spent, Doug requested all his premiums from CPAC. (he is D.O.D) so far this part of it is a bit hazy with little info.

Has anyone actually received back pay? Or pay from insurance or are these urban legends? I mean we are in heaven right now, getting back pay would just be a bonus at this point. but we are really unsure what to believe. It is very surreal.

I'm not sure. I wasn't aware that we would do a brief. @tinker2cute do you have any insight on this?
hubby got packet today. Retirement brief is @ closest base to you or reserve unit that does them. We are doing ours @ Fort Leonard Wood. He is getting to walk (ceremony) doing it all. He earned it and we are doing it!

hubby got packet today. Retirement brief is @ closest base to you or reserve unit that does them. We are doing ours @ Fort Leonard Wood. He is getting to walk (ceremony) doing it all. He earned it and we are doing it!
Congratulations on receiving orders..
Lol on his picture. He looks really happy.
Thank you for the new update. This means mine should be right behind his.