Less than 15 years

poohbear331

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If it's the army NG- they are suppose to follow AR40-501- standards of medical fitness. It's not so much can you do your job- that is a part of it, but can you do the soldier tasks and drills? (if you look at the army long profile there are I think 8 of them. if any are checked it should be referred). there are things like 3-5 second rushes, ride in a military vehicle, live in an asture enviro. I believe wear ACH and/or IBA are also on there.

poohbear331

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
are you asking if a soldier who has a current VA rating (30% or higher) that is currently in the NG can be retired? - No
soldier has to go thru the MEB process to be retired.

HulkSmashLvl99

Registered Member
are you asking if a soldier who has a current VA rating (30% or higher) that is currently in the NG can be retired? - No
soldier has to go thru the MEB process to be retired.

The soldier left active duty, now has a VA rating 70%. The question is if the soldier begins the MEB process and is separated, will it result in a retirement or is it the same as an admin sep?

poohbear331

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
if they were in the MEB process they should not have been separated until the process is complete. were they notified that the MEB started, contacted by a PEBLO and had C&P exams? if so that unit was wrong

I know this as this happened to a friend that is almost complete with MEB. they are NG and unit tried to admin sep but was stopped when it came back that they had an LOD for an injury (at least they did the right thing)

HulkSmashLvl99

Registered Member
if they were in the MEB process they should not have been separated until the process is complete. were they notified that the MEB started, contacted by a PEBLO and had C&P exams? if so that unit was wrong

I know this as this happened to a friend that is almost complete with MEB. they are NG and unit tried to admin sep but was stopped when it came back that they had an LOD for an injury (at least they did the right thing)

Well, no, but that's interesting. Let me try to clarify and maybe make more sense:

-8 Years Active Marines, honorable discharge. DD214.

-Joined National Guard as M-Day soldier in Jun, 2016.

-Assigned VA rating 70% in Nov, 2016. Receiving VA Disability Benefits except when drilling.

-Issues with Anxietal Depression disrupt training, command prompts for Medical Separation, Jun, 2018.

Soldier can choose admin-sep now, or stay on for MEB. Would MEB separation be any different or yield any DOD compensation or benefits? VA Benefits not in question.

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The most common benefit of retirement is TriCare insurance.
Sometimes medical retirement under 20 YOS generates more money than VA pay, but it depends on YOS and high three pay.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">