Los Angeles Timeline

Received my packet including the NARSUM. It does not include the treatment records from the duty station before where I was treated dozens of times - including two full cycles of CBT.

ALso - more concerning - the NARSUM does not list the anti-psychotic that I am being treated with. It lists the other ones... but those aren't of classes that are non-deployable.

Officially counseled on MEB packet on Monday. Was told that they are migrating to a new system and that my packet will not be forwarded to the MEB until the second week of December. I signed my packed on Wednesday.

It's now been a month since I signed my MEB packet. System "migration" still holding my packet in limbo at the PEBLO desk.

I am in the same boat as you. I signed my NARSUM on 25 Nov and I made contact with my PEBLO on Thursday and no telling when it will be up.

I am in the same boat as you. I signed my NARSUM on 25 Nov and I made contact with my PEBLO on Thursday and no telling when it will be up.
It is really frustrating... we are just waiting to get started waiting. I'm assuming everything is going to be backed-up after the system is back up. My doc heard a rumor from Ft Irwin that they are targeting 5JAN to get the system back up... but then again, they said the same thing about 8DEC.

I'm just trying to bright-side it. We make substantially more in then we will off of our medical retirement. The extra time is just a little bit more cash to ease the transition period. But that's little solace - this is wrecking havoc with my diagnosed mental conditions! Hopefully your command is leaving you alone. I have classes still, but no military duties. The timing actually works out for me, I graduate in May. My classes are all online this semester so I could move when I'm out regardless, but it would suck trying to start a new job while in classes.

All the best.

It is really frustrating... we are just waiting to get started waiting. I'm assuming everything is going to be backed-up after the system is back up. My doc heard a rumor from Ft Irwin that they are targeting 5JAN to get the system back up... but then again, they said the same thing about 8DEC.

I'm just trying to bright-side it. We make substantially more in then we will off of our medical retirement. The extra time is just a little bit more cash to ease the transition period. But that's little solace - this is wrecking havoc with my diagnosed mental conditions! Hopefully your command is leaving you alone. I have classes still, but no military duties. The timing actually works out for me, I graduate in May. My classes are all online this semester so I could move when I'm out regardless, but it would suck trying to start a new job while in classes.

All the best.
Same here I have no military duties right now they have pulled me for all of them so I can go to appointments and classes. My son graduates high school in May and we want to be here for that . It is very frustrating but like you said trying to stay on the bright side of it. Hopefully the system will be back up on 5 Jan but like you said 8 Dec was suppose to be the day it was going to be up.

My packet finally went to the PEB on the 18th.

My packet moved from the Army to the VA on Friday. That means unfit, right?

My packet moved from the Army to the VA on Friday. That means unfit, right?

How did you find out that your packet went to the VA without finding out that you were unfit? My PEBLO said she would know the results of the PEB and communicate those to me before my packet goes to the VA.

I was told that they can't tell my unfit of not specifically... but that my packet moving that way meant things were going down a specific path.

This is surreal. I first posted on this forum about my mental health issues in August of 2014... after the writing was already on-the-wall to me that I was heading to an MEB. That was, ironically I guess, before I went way off the deep end. It took two years for them to initiate one. They kept giving me hope that I could keep going... obviously I couldn't.

So I guess here ends my 14 years as an active duty Soldier. This isn't how I saw my career going when I rose my hand so long ago.

eBenefits today is displaying "preparation for decision" does that mean I'm actually about through this?! The VA has had my packet for less than two weeks.

eBenefits today is displaying "preparation for decision" does that mean I'm actually about through this?! The VA has had my packet for less than two weeks.

Preparation for decision means it is being looked at by the rater. Things could go swiftly or they can bog down at this point.

Once you are rated by the VA, the decision is sent to the Army, they will notify you through your PEBLO and you will be presented your DA 199. At this point you can either accept, request a VARR or request a formal board.

If you accept then you will be placed in TRANSPROC and be done in 90 days or less.

This really can't be healthy how many times I'm checking eBenefits a day. I would say I'm losing my mind - but that's why I'm here. Seriously though - I'm at my limit waiting for this. Feels like I could break any moment.

This really can't be healthy how many times I'm checking eBenefits a day. I would say I'm losing my mind - but that's why I'm here. Seriously though - I'm at my limit waiting for this. Feels like I could break any moment.
You can't trust eBenefits that much! My account did not update at all. Mine went to the VA on 30 Jan and it was finished a couple of days ago. Depending on the complexity of your claims, exams, etc... it may be completed shortly.

According to my PEBLO my case is simple.

According to my PEBLO my case is simple.
I wouldn't see it taking much longer than a few more days for the VA to be complete with their portion. I generally called the VA hotline about once per week to check the status.

The VA has had my packet for two weeks. I called today to check the status and they said the estimated date of completion is 30 October 2017...lol

The VA has had my packet for two weeks. I called today to check the status and they said the estimated date of completion is 30 October 2017...lol
I wouldn't worry about that date too much. I believe mine has some crazy date like that, however I'm likely to be finishing this process next month.