Meb and barriers to care

mushiee6

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Is anyone else having a difficult time either switching providers or getting pertinent information documented by providers during the med board process? I have been struggling for weeks and have actually gotten worse during the process. I am also having problems getting accurate info as to why symptoms worsened while on ad put in record. Any suggestions?

What exactly are you talking about--are you having difficulties with MEB docs documenting stuff or...?

You can suggest a copy of the provider's medical report the day you are seen--as this may help with them putting accurate information in the report (I don't know if they must give it to you but worth asking). Or you can speak to Patient Advocacy regarding inaccurate medical records and reporting by your provider(s).

If you are having difficulties with information, or difficulty understanding why something is happening - I second going to the patient advocate - the earlier the better. Sometimes its just a basic communication problem they can take care of. And like other problems, if you are frustrated early in the timeline, it doesn't tend to get better with time. Someone in the process will then have heard your concerns, and that is a good thing. Best of luck.

...and if you decide the Patient Advocate route for assistance, I suggest that you vigilantly follow-up to ensure desired outcome.

Best Wishes!

Not trying to be a thread stealer, but if more things come up (I.e. Rheumatologist appointment) is it too late to add that as evidence? My board hasn't been sent yet.

Not trying to be a thread stealer, but if more things come up (I.e. Rheumatologist appointment) is it too late to add that as evidence? My board hasn't been sent yet.

You can always add to your package, just do so through your PEBLO to get to the PEB. Also remember to go through your VA MSC and get the additional evidence to the VA as well...I also go the extra mile and upload it to Ebenefits.

You can always add to your package, just do so through your PEBLO to get to the PEB. Also remember to go through your VA MSC and get the additional evidence to the VA as well...I also go the extra mile and upload it to Ebenefits.

Ok, thanks for input kind sir!

From my experience via PEBLO and MSC, additional items are added via the MSC at the end of the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process. Therefore, it shall be very interesting to hear your final outcome.

Best Wishes!

I had several documents added while the VA was in rating phase and the PEB was in process and all went well. In fact, the additional documents that I sent in midstream were reflected as evidence used to substiantiate my claim on my proposed ratings.

I had several documents added while the VA was in rating phase and the PEB was in process and all went well. In fact, the additional documents that I sent in midstream were reflected as evidence used to substiantiate my claim on my proposed ratings.

Were the documents requested by the DoVA or did you voluntarily provide them upon receipt to the DoVA?