MEB Completed in 2002 but only for one disability....

miltontalley

Registered Member
Hello, I'm new to this site. In 2002 while on active duty I was going through the medical process to be discharged medically. On my MEB it states 715.11 Degenerative Joint Disease Left Shoulder "Does not meet AR 40-501 Ch3-14b" and 727.82 Calcification of Patellar Tendon "Does not meet AR 40-501 Ch3-14b". I only received compensation for my left shoulder (20%). The award from VA NEVER mentioned the 727.82 Calcification of Patellar Tendon. For eight years I didn't pay it much attention until I went to DAV for help getting an increase. The NSO read my MEB and he stated your not getting compensation for your knee. So, I filed a claim for my knee\scar\arithiris. What is the chances that I will be awarded for the injury that was not rated back in 2002? Thanks

From the VA? Very high, so long as it is a current disability.

Thanks Jason for the fast reply. Yes, it's a current disability. But how could they miss what is written clearly in black and white?
I sumbitted everything I had from military records, civilian hospitals and even profiles and sick call slips for my shoulder and knee. My VA claim has been in the works since April 7. I'm going to go on with life and wait for the big brown envelope.

The error rate at the Regional Office level fluctuates between 17 and 28 percent. They make mistakes all the time.

Best of luck!

I understand. No system is perfect. I should have spotted the missing rating years ago. No problem. Thanks for the insight !