MEB for migraines but rated 0%

They're saying it existed prior to military service (EPTS), and are saying you went and sought treatment 2 months after entry as basis for that.... I think.

They're saying it existed prior to military service (EPTS), and are saying you went and sought treatment 2 months after entry as basis for that.... I think.

I noticed this too. And thought I havent searched the board (not that interested) I havent seen a post from him in 3 months.

Im my opinion he is going to have a very difficult time getting rated for a pre-existing condition that he was treated for within 2 months of entry. On my 199 I was rated 0 for migraine headaches (although that has since been changed to post concussive headache as well as occipital neuralgia due to multiple concussions, over 100 blast injuries, and a well documented parachute accident in an airborne training incident). If he entered with a history of childhood migraine headache they might make a case he was dishonest about that if he didnt fully disclose it.

Now, if he can say he was concussed in Iraq, or injured in a jump with multiple internal injuries (artery dissections, whiplash, concussed, resultant spondylosis, witnessed etc) then he might have a good case.

But the Army has grown wary of soldiers coming up with debilitating injuries within days of entry, only to file for medical retirement with full benefits. As it is this is 20% of DoD budget. I dont think theyre going to play this game anymore.

For decorated soldiers with multiple issues that deserve a retirement, or the new guy/gal who went highspeed - highrisk and got FUBARed at BAC, SERE-C, or JFKSWC, I am fully supportive-
WF

What the Army (or any other branch) needs to do is follow the law. If the condition was not noted on the entry physical, then the PEB needs to provide clear and unmistakable the condition did not incur while on active duty and clear and unmistakable evidence the condition was not aggravated by service. The soldier is entitled to this evidence so they can challenge it at a formal board and other venues. The Army stating it is EPTS becuase we say so does not cut it, especially in light of the fact the VA service connected the condition. In short, the Army needs to put up or shut up.

Mike