MEB for type II.....

Terry it is definitely frustrating. The good thing about my situation is I have a great BDE HQ team on the full time side that give me the opportunity to focus on my medical stuff when I need to but I never stop reading and researching to stay on top of the medical folks that make policy. I'm sitting at 17 years and fighting also.
For your situation the good I'm hearing from you is your in a non-deployable slot already. To me in my experience that is key as you don't have to find one and beat the S1's up to get you moved into one.
The one thing I would suggest you do if you haven't started is get to work on your COAD packet. Gather up some letters of recommendations from your CDR's, CSM's and anyone within your chain explaining that your needed and they are willing to keep you there in a non-deployable slot until you retire in order to get to 20 years. There are some others on here that have been down that road and can provide some feedback as well. Your PEBLO has the checklist of what is needed to build the COAD packet. When the DA 199 comes in there's only a 10 day period to get things turned back in to your PEBLO so having those memos ahead of time will help.

I have 8 letters currently from my current BDE CO as well as past Commanders and CSM's. this position I am in is an HRC directed move from May of last year reported Feb 2017, so I am hoping they will see that. My BDE CO changes out this month will that affect me being he will no longer be here?

I have 8 letters currently from my current BDE CO as well as past Commanders and CSM's. this position I am in is an HRC directed move from May of last year reported Feb 2017, so I am hoping they will see that. My BDE CO changes out this month will that affect me being he will no longer be here?

I wouldn't think it would be as your performance is the reason you are there. You sound like a Top Tier Soldier so the new CO shouldn't mind that. Especially seeing all the other memos you have and a great NCO Chain. At some point I would make him or her aware that you have been in a MEB and you plan to fight it to get COAD for those three more years and you are retiring unless they are asking you to stay longer and you want to. Since he/she is coming into CMD I find it best to keep them in the loop especially if your office does any USR reporting or UAT type of metrics. You being non-deployable will show up as a number on the units list of non-deployable whether it's as a MRC 4 or other. I'm not sure if HRC is required to do a USR but I would think that all HRC Soldiers are tracked somehow. When I was a CDR I wanted to know everything about my Soldiers so that I could fight for them when they needed me to. Maybe that is something left over from when I was enlisted. But for your new CDR I would think at some point you'd need a memo from him/her too in order to show the board that not only do you have the support of all the others, you also have the support from a brand new CDR.

I am being referred for med boarded I am on active during with 30 years of service btw National Guard , Army Reserve, Active duty. 8 years of active duty. It has not been initiated yet but my provider alerted me that my commander has made an injury if I am fit for duty with height and weight I have a thyroid problem which is causing wgt gain but maintaining my wgt and passing tape. What why can I do to help ensure I can process out of the military smoothly but get all that I deserve.

I am being referred for med boarded I am on active during with 30 years of service btw National Guard , Army Reserve, Active duty. 8 years of active duty. It has not been initiated yet but my provider alerted me that my commander has made an injury if I am fit for duty with height and weight I have a thyroid problem which is causing wgt gain but maintaining my wgt and passing tape. What why can I do to help ensure I can process out of the military smoothly but get all that I deserve.

Welcome Career Wife! It really depends upon your decision. If you are ready to retire out and I'm thinking you probably are with 30 years in the medical retirement isn't bad but you really need to look at what all you have as medical conditions. These boards will look at everything you turn in and rate them accordingly. I would also research to find out if submitting a retirement letter to retire and submitting a claim form to the VA for disability is better than going through a medical board? I don't know because it sounds like you are an MDAY Soldier. I haven't researched this so I'm not sure but this website will help answer your questions. Research and research and you'll see there are a lot of others that have gone through this prior to you. Good luck in your search and thank you for your service to this great Nation!

I just got my PEB findings a couple of weeks ago. I was found fit for Type 2. I'm on Metformin and my A1C was 6.7. I was found unfit for three other conditions though :(

See here we go. I am always amazed at the IDES processes decision making. I got my DA199 back and I was referred for Type 2. I'm on metformin twice a day and take a victoza injector. Its not insulin but helps glucose. Anyway I was found unfit. lol. My A1C has never been above 7.0 and in my packet was a commander's memo about he can't live without me type of comments from the brigade level.
I've always been curious if its a East Coast/West Coast thing in how they decide? I'm Army and they got me at 17 years active this Sep. I've done a COAD and waiting on appeals so we'll continue to move out and draw fire!!!!!

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give another update. I filed my informal appeal to the PEB on Jun 30 2017. Yes sorry for the late update. I received my fit for duty 199 on July 13th. My lawyer and PEBLO were surprised as they had never seen a reversal at the informal appeal they thought for sure I was going to have to do a formal appeal in order to be found fit for duty. My lawyer did mention that it also helped that I can six character reference letters from one general officer, two COL's and two LTC's in my written appeal.

So long story short I signed accepting my fit for duty on July 16th. From there it went to USA PDA. There it sat until 1 SEP when I finally had to call out there myself and get the person to sign it. I waited 6 weeks to get my actual fit for duty memo stating that I've been cleared of the who MEB/PEB process and now it's complete. My PEBLO originally told me that the letter from PDA should only take 2-10 days. Well in talking with the folks at PDA their system was down in July-AUG timeframe and that they are extremely backed up.

In closing, I finally beat the MEB/PEB process and can now continue on with my career. Hopefully once the code clears off my ERB I'll actually be able to PCS. Good luck to everyone who is still fighting thru this process. It has taken almost 10 months, but I'm living proof that if you want to fight a diabetes type II diagnosis and continue to serve it can happen.

ABN ATW
1SG Pidcock

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give another update. I filed my informal appeal to the PEB on Jun 30 2017. Yes sorry for the late update. I received my fit for duty 199 on July 13th. My lawyer and PEBLO were surprised as they had never seen a reversal at the informal appeal they thought for sure I was going to have to do a formal appeal in order to be found fit for duty. My lawyer did mention that it also helped that I can six character reference letters from one general officer, two COL's and two LTC's in my written appeal.

So long story short I signed accepting my fit for duty on July 16th. From there it went to USA PDA. There it sat until 1 SEP when I finally had to call out there myself and get the person to sign it. I waited 6 weeks to get my actual fit for duty memo stating that I've been cleared of the who MEB/PEB process and now it's complete. My PEBLO originally told me that the letter from PDA should only take 2-10 days. Well in talking with the folks at PDA their system was down in July-AUG timeframe and that they are extremely backed up.

In closing, I finally beat the MEB/PEB process and can now continue on with my career. Hopefully once the code clears off my ERB I'll actually be able to PCS. Good luck to everyone who is still fighting thru this process. It has taken almost 10 months, but I'm living proof that if you want to fight a diabetes type II diagnosis and continue to serve it can happen.

ABN ATW
1SG Pidcock

Hi. Would you happen to have a copy of your character reference letters I could look at. I am going through the process right now. I just today got my unfit for duty (type 2 on metformin) MEB result and I am appealing. Getting letters together, however most want direction on what to include. Thank you