MEB help

jamesbuffy

Registered Member
I need some help. I'm currently 19 years and 2 months in and just got word from the Secretary of the Air Force that I have to retire. I'm currently requesting a LAS (limited assignment status) through AFPC. can any of you think of any avenues to take after this or during this. I have my senator and congressman involved as well as my chain of command all requesting that I receive the LAS to finish out my 20 years. please help

I am not sure of your case here, are you going through an MEB currently and if you are at what point are you at?

I need some help. I'm currently 19 years and 2 months in and just got word from the Secretary of the Air Force that I have to retire. I'm currently requesting a LAS (limited assignment status) through AFPC. can any of you think of any avenues to take after this or during this. I have my senator and congressman involved as well as my chain of command all requesting that I receive the LAS to finish out my 20 years. please help

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, an interesting situation at least to me! :confused:

To that extent, when (e.g. what date?) does the Secretary of the Air Force state that you have to retire?

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Is there no appeal at that level? I guess you could try and go the route of your Congressman, this is assuming you're a voter.

LAS request comes after an unfit finding from PEB. Can you confirm that you were found unfit by PEB? Have you already submitted your LAS request? Did you submit a SAFPC rebuttal to your PEB findings?

I have had very good success in stretching out SAFPC rebuttals for a year or more. But, if you already submitted your SAFPC rebuttal to PEB, then you are past that point in time.

LAS requests require you to agree with the PEB. This may be a bad idea depending on the facts of your case.

Any combat related findings in your case?

LAS request comes after an unfit finding from PEB. Can you confirm that you were found unfit by PEB? Have you already submitted your LAS request? Did you submit a SAFPC rebuttal to your PEB findings?

I have had very good success in stretching out SAFPC rebuttals for a year or more. But, if you already submitted your SAFPC rebuttal to PEB, then you are past that point in time.

LAS requests require you to agree with the PEB. This may be a bad idea depending on the facts of your case.

Any combat related findings in your case?

Jason, what ways do you have to push SAFPC rebuttals out? I just appealed to the FPEB and fully expect to have to appeal to the SAF. Thanks.

Jason, what ways do you have to push SAFPC rebuttals out? I just appealed to the FPEB and fully expect to have to appeal to the SAF. Thanks.

I can only speculate, but, I believe that the reason my SAFPC appeals take longer is that when I draft the appeal it is usually a somewhat lengthy (8-12 pages on the short end and sometimes 20 or more pages) with citations to laws, regulations, case law, and sometimes BCMR cases. I don't make unsupported arguments or anything that is not fairly suggested by the facts or a reasonable interpretation of the law. When I had a friend working at the FPEB office, he told me that most SAFPC appeals were only a few pages, were conclusory in nature, and not very good.