MEB/PEB Dictionary-Sticky request!

Mind you these are all referenced to the Army, some may cross over to the other services those of you out there please post them on this discussion too! Thanks all!!

Legacy-Old MEB/PEB process.

IDES-Integrated Disability Evaluation System; new MEB/PEB process.

DoD-means any military service/encompasses all.

MEB-Medical Evaluation Board.

PEB-Physical Evaluation Board.

MMRB-MOS/Medical Retention Board.

NARSUM-Narrative Summary.

IPEB- Informal Physical Evaluation Board.

FPEB-Formal Physical Evaluation Board.

IPR –Independent Physical Review (Same as IMR).

IMR-Independent Medical Review (Same as IPR).

PDBR-Physical Disability Board of Review, for those out of the service already that need to correct a rank/claim/rating… things along those lines

PDRL-Permanent Disabled Retirement List, Permanent retirement. 30% or higher by DoD.

TDRL-Temporary Disabled Retirement List, temporary retirement to enable the SM to recover and return to service. 30% or higher by DoD.

Separation-is a separation from military services with a severance pay and no benefits and 180 days of Tri-Care coverage. 20% or lower by DoD.

VASRD-Veteran Affairs Schedule for Rating Disabilities; goes over ratable claims for the DoD and VA. Direct link here: http://www.benefits.va.gov/warms/bookc.asp

ECFR-Electronic Code of Federal Regulations; goes over the percentage rules for claims. Direct link here: http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div5&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5&idno=38

PEBLO-Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer.

Case Manager- Civilian Nurse Case Manager that works with PEBLO.

Technician-PEBLO assistant that writes up DA 3947 and other paperwork.

MSC-Military Service Coordinator (VA rep that submits SM for C&P exams and submits VA pay paperwork).

DA Form 3947- Narrative Summary of findings of claims submitted (Part of NARSUM).

DA Form 199- Summary of all conditions rated by DoD, determines type of separation and combat related.

P3/4 Profile- a physical limitation form that limits a Soldiers physical activity and deployability status.

eBenifits (ebennies)-VA website to check the status of the VA claims submitted direct link: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal.

MyMEB/MyPEB- Army link on AKO under My Medical to show status of packet.

C&P Exam-VA examinations for specific claims to include a VA physical exam.

Claim-a sickness, injury, or disability submitted to the DoD or VA.

Rating-Percentage deemed appropriate by the VASRD.

SSDI-Social Security Disability insurance, applicable to all military personnel that cannot do trained MOS.

CRSC- Combat Related Special Compensation pay must be able to provide documentary evidence that your injury was a result of one of the following:

• Training that simulates war (e.g., exercises, field training)
  • Hazardous duty (e.g., flight, diving, parachute duty)
  • An instrumentality of war (e.g., combat vehicles, weapons, Agent Orange)
  • Armed conflict (e.g., gunshot wounds [Purple Heart], punji stick injuries)
CRDP-Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay; Qualified disabled military retirees will now get paid both their full military retirement pay and their VA disability compensation. This recently passed law phases out (over 9 years) the VA disability offset, which means that military retirees with 20 or more years of service and a 50% (or higher) VA rated disability will no longer have their military retirement pay reduced by the amount of their VA disability compensation (subject to some limitations).

SBP-Survivor Benefit Program

Tri-Care (free)-actual name Tri-Care Standard, free to retired military personnel and family dependents.

Medical Retirement-SM is rated at 30% or higher by the DoD and is either placed on TDRL or PDRL.

You might be able to answer a question for me; I see people posting about "Seattle VA" and 'Rhode Is'. Are there regional offices that handle certain bases?

Feeling clueless...

You might be able to answer a question for me; I see people posting about "Seattle VA" and 'Rhode Is'. Are there regional offices that handle certain bases?

Feeling clueless...

Yes, those are the regional offices for the AD/Reserves/NG.

So do all the Air Force cases go to one area? I was reading another post about Seattle sending Army cases to RI and possibly slowing down cases for the Air Force???

So do all the Air Force cases go to one area? I was reading another post about Seattle sending Army cases to RI and possibly slowing down cases for the Air Force???
Being that the AF caseload is much smaller than the Army side they are sending some cases to the RI office to help speed up the process on their side. The AF side may slow down a little but not much.