meb/peb permanent profile change

Marshal

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I met with the state surgeon to start the process for a meb. I was given a temporary profile limiting me from drill. the temporary profile expired and I was given a permanent profile for the same thing. The permanent profile included the recommendation for a meb. when the meb started a new permanent profile was given which no longer limited me from attending drill. My major concern is my unit can now require me to attend drill and/or annual training. I spoke with my peblo and she inquired from the meb board if they could issue a no drill profile and the response was "that is not something we usually do." My other concern is that because I no longer have a no drill profile I cannot collect tier 1 incapacitation pay.

Any advice on how to fix this problem before I am listed awol?

I met with the state surgeon to start the process for a meb. I was given a temporary profile limiting me from drill. the temporary profile expired and I was given a permanent profile for the same thing. The permanent profile included the recommendation for a meb. when the meb started a new permanent profile was given which no longer limited me from attending drill. My major concern is my unit can now require me to attend drill and/or annual training. I spoke with my peblo and she inquired from the meb board if they could issue a no drill profile and the response was "that is not something we usually do." My other concern is that because I no longer have a no drill profile I cannot collect tier 1 incapacitation pay.

Any advice on how to fix this problem before I am listed awol?
If you don't mind me asking what is the condition(s) listed on your Permanent Profile....and are you saying you would consider going AWOL if your situation isn't resolved in your favor?

I have a VA diagnoses of ptsd. My unit returned from Afghanistan February of 2013. I attended all the required yellow ribbon drills and all of the rest of the drills until December when I was given a temporary profile limiting me from attending drill because of hypervigilance, depression, anger issues, panic attacks, flattened affect, and decreased ability to accomplish tasks. As time went on the symptoms got better because I did not have as much stimuli which caused the symptoms of ptsd. Because of the improvement, the doctor recommended I be placed on a permanent profile to start the meb process.

As far as going Awol, I will not let it come to that point. I have an advocate in my state Senators office who can get me a waiver from going to drill.

The part that bothers me the most is that one doctor changed what another doctor had prescribed for no apparent reason.

When I went through a state-level Fit For Duty Board with the Army National Guard the state surgeon issued me a form DA-4700 document that said that I do not meet retention standards in AR 40-501, that I am entitled to a MEB, and that I am immediately removed from all military duties. Once this was issued, I no longer drilled. Perhaps you could get them to fill out this form for you.

I posted an image of the DA Form 4700 in a previous post if you would like to see what it looks like. You can do a search for it using the following subject: "Document that put me in non-drilling Nat'l Guard status; DA Form 4700."

It could be that the DA Form 4700 is no longer used. It has been a few years since it was prepared for me. It seems that the profile is most commonly used to state non-drillling status rather than the DA Form 4700. Anyway, the DA Form 4700 worked well in my case to end my drilling while I went through the PDES.

I sent the DA form 4700 to my case manager, hopefully it will have the desired affect.