MEB timeline

What's the 8 Sep date, the remark in your e-benefits/vets.gov? I have same remark in my vets.gov but date is 14 Sep. Did you not receive another email from MyPers saying sent to AFPC? I was under the impression your PEBLO was supposed to contact you within 24 hours. I just checked both vets.gov and ebennies...no change.

Both ebennies and vets.gov say the same thing for sep 8. They both show <VA facility> as the doc reviewed as well. My PEBLO made it sound like the package goes afpc-VA-afpc-VA-afpc then PEBLO so I would be getting an email on the second trip to the VA but that doesnt sound like how everyone else descirbes the process.

I thought AFPC-VA-AFPC-PEBLO. Mine told me I should get preliminary DoD ratings after PEB before going to VA but I've also been told things that weren't entirely correct. I'm not clear on the preliminary ratings thing but supposedly that's the part where we "get excited but those aren't accurate until the VA gives their ratings", as I was told. We are within a few days of our respective timelines - I'll post when I receive updates but so far, been quiet. Today is 3 weeks from acceptance.

I also called the OAC last week and got the "talk to your peblo" response. Female TSgt I believe. My Vets.gov has the last update as October 26th and still no word. hoping to hear something in the next week.

Great! I hope that's good news! That was super fast! Is this the point where you wait 10 days and chat with the VA to fax over your ratings? Hoping I hear by end of week!

Great! I hope that's good news! That was super fast! Is this the point where you wait 10 days and chat with the VA to fax over your ratings? Hoping I hear by end of week!
Yeah. The notification says 7-10 days then I can call or check ebenefits for my ratings.

And at this point if you agree and sign, you can put in for your (retirement/separation) and start out-processing? Or perhaps do a VARR if need be.

That would certainly be a good gift! I'm hoping for mine before end of year as well so I don't have to pull my kids from school right after they go back after the holidays. Would be nice to start them in their new school at the beginning of new year. Hope you get the numbers you're hoping for. Definitely been a long process. Hopefully the raters will be generous for the holidays!

2017 or 2018? Mine still showing Jan-Apr 18. No changes. I may run by my local VA and ask if there's a 356 in my files.

2018. My closest va is 350 miles away so I'll probably be making some phone calls

Yeah that's a little bit far to drive. Mine is 25 minutes. Hopefully you'll hear something soon from your PEBLO. I've started applying through USA Jobs in the non-DoD sector in hopes by time this is over I'll be closer to getting picked up on the GS-side. We are near the end of this long and tedious process.

Last edited: