MEB Timeline

Veritas1382

Registered Member
Hello All,

This is my first post and I thought I would share where I am with the process so far. I have had 3 back surgeries over the past 8 months. It started with a herniated disc at the L5-S1 joint. The first surgery was a microdiscectomy and the doctor screwed up and messed up a bunch of nerves while he was in there. I was left with severe pain in my lower left leg and lower back and a loss of almost all motor function in the back of my calf muscle. The second surgery was a nerve root decompression to try and fixt he first surgery screw up. That didn't work, made things worse. Lots of physical therapy and no better. Third surgery was a spinal fusion at the L5-S1 Joint. Last surgery was Dec 18, 2017 and I haven't gotten any better since then. Below is the beginnings of my MEB/PEB.

Jan 9th: Saw PCM w/ PEBLO and Started the MEB process.
Jan 9th - Jan 29th: Package went to DAWG and pushed to IRILO
Jan 29th: PEBLO Emailed CC requesting Commander's Statement
Feb 6th: CC Returned Commander's statement to PEBLO
Feb 12th: Spoke to PEBLO, package awaiting MDG signature to go to IRILO

This is my process so far, hopefully someone can give me some guidance on where I go next and what happens there.. I will keep updating as the process goes along.

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sounds like a rough surgical road. There is not a lot to do right now other than brush up on the law and process. Best wishes. Mike

Veritas1382

Registered Member
*Update*
Jan 9th: Saw PCM w/ PEBLO and Started the MEB process.
Jan 9th - Jan 29th: Package went to DAWG and pushed to IRILO
Jan 29th: PEBLO Emailed CC requesting Commander's Statement
Feb 6th: CC Returned Commander's statement to PEBLO
Feb 12th: Spoke to PEBLO, package awaiting MDG signature to go to IRILO
Feb 23: AFPC Directed Full MEB
Feb 24: Returned all VA Paperwork to PEBLO
~Mar 1: Spoke to VA MSC on phone, Signed form for disabilities
Mar 5: Got Appts for C&P Exams
Mar 22-29: VA C&P Exams
Apr 4: Got copy of C&P exam, Signed paper to submit for IMR
Apr 9: Submitted IMR Memo to PEBLO

Looks like it is going to be a battle, VA exams were pretty horrible and didn't document everything so having to get addendums added. If anyone has experience with back problems and nerve damage please shoot me a message, I would like to hear how things went.

CASFOB4L19

Registered Member
Best of luck, and we appreciate you sharing your timeline, because some of us (I) just started the initial phase.... and honestly- reading the threads here and AFIs is preparing me for what lies ahead. And will be consulting counsel for support.
Thank you

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">