MEB vs Promotion...help please!

afguy6871

Registered Member
I'm currently sitting at 19 years of service as of next month with a line number for promotion to MSgt. Because of the new HoT rules, my DoS was changed from Oct 2014 to Aug 2013. I'm going thru my MEB, at the point that I just rejected the boards findings and started my appeal process. At this point, I still don't have a date set up yet to go before the formal board in Lackland. My big question that I'm having problems finding an answer to is will I be able to sew on MSgt? I'm predicting that my sew on month will be either Nov or Dec. The problem is that I can no longer extend to complete the 2 year obligation because of my MEB.

Does anyone have any information about this? Thanks!

Afguy,

One of my co-workers was in the same spot as you, had line # but couldn't get retainablility to put on. He ended up not being able to sew on, don't quote this since every case is different. Also if anyone cancorrect me but if you sew on and get out soon you will get pay retirement pay for e-6 not E-7 unless you have it on for 2 years. Sucks since you (we) don't decide/want the MEB but they force it upon us.

Good luck and serch for Jason's comments I am sure he can shed some light on this.

Not true. You should be able to sew on. Do to the retirement system, the promotion won't make much if any different. I didn't finish my 2 yrs retainability either although my situation was slightly different. I started the MEB after I put on MSgt. Your real issue is making it to 20 yrs. If you are only waiting on the FPEB, you may not make it to Nov. I hope you have a plan.