Medboard process

Shortstuff

Registered Member
Hey! so I just started my medboard process. Met with Peblo for first time today and I have my ides brief on thursday. I have a few things I want to claim to be rated for and I'm a bit concerned at my reason for being medboarded is "Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood". Does anyone know if that will get me at least 30%... I have back problems, sleep problems, feet pain, hip pain and have suffered a miscarriage while serving also. Can I claim those things as well once I see the VA? All of these issues are in my medical records.

Hey! so I just started my medboard process. Met with Peblo for first time today and I have my ides brief on thursday. I have a few things I want to claim to be rated for and I'm a bit concerned at my reason for being medboarded is "Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood". Does anyone know if that will get me at least 30%... I have back problems, sleep problems, feet pain, hip pain and have suffered a miscarriage while serving also. Can I claim those things as well once I see the VA? All of these issues are in my medical records.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Please reference this URL https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-i...9d4&mc=true&node=sg38.1.4_1124a.sg13&rgn=div7 for a detailed explanation of 38 CFR VASRD Mental Disorders.

Indeed, claim any medical condition and/or medical issue incurred while in military service on your DoVA documentation. Hope this helps and take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

DOD severance pay and 100% VA ratings or Military retired with 100% VA. Can someone clarify the difference what I will loose in either one? Thanks!!!!

DOD severance pay and 100% VA ratings or Military retired with 100% VA. Can someone clarify the difference what I will loose in either one? Thanks!!!!
If you are medically separated and receive a lump sum severance pay, you will not get retirement pay from the DoD, but you still get VA compensation.

If you are medically retired, you will get monthly compensation from the DoD and VA.

How your disorder effects your social and occupational functioning will determine your mental health rating.
upload_2017-7-31_10-46-25.png