Medical records from deployed locations

KARobinson3

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am trying to assist someone who had an outpatient procedure done while at Balad, Iraq in 08/09 time frame. This information is not in their medical records or at the VA. Is there some way to locate these medical notes?

Almost_Separated

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
This is going to be a tough nut to crack. I say this because I literally spent an entire month trying to get some records from Kadena AB and ended up having to through in the towel. I even had a guy that I know that is stationed there who was trying to help me out. Hopefully you have better fortune than I did!

pittpan2005

PEB Forum Veteran
I am trying to assist someone who had an outpatient procedure done while at Balad, Iraq in 08/09 time frame. This information is not in their medical records or at the VA. Is there some way to locate these medical notes?
Process for requesting records from a theater of conflict (ex. Iraq/Afghanistan) that are stored in Theater Medical Data Store (TMDS).

1. Contact any military Medical Treatment Facility’s Patient Administration Division, stateside or deployed, and request specifically deployed medical records and inform them that they need to look them up in TMDS.

2. The requestor will need to submit the following:

- DD 2870 completed and signed by the veteran authorizing release of records to you the requestor

- Copy of Identification for veteran and you the requestor

3. Once the request has been received you will receive an email from SAFE, the Safe Access File Exchange service. The email will provide you with a link and a password for one-time use. Follow the link and download the records in PDF form.

oceantrav

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Would you mind sharing the poc to obtain records from Iraq?

Not sure who to submit the dd 2870 form to..