My Navy Timeline for Radiculopathy

MattCollins7

Registered Member
I am brand new to the MEB/PEB process. I've spent my year on in a LIMDU status with no improvement to my back(even after surgery, SI joint fusion) and months of physical and home therapy. Radiculopathy is the main claim for my referral. My PCM referred me to DES. I'll do my best to update my timeline as new events unfold. Below is where I am at as of now in the process. Can anyone give some insight as to what to expect from the VA/DOD in regard to Radiculopathy as far as rating goes? I've also had past surgeries on my shoulder(still have limited ROM) and hernia repairs.

04MAY2018 - Referred by PCM to DES
07MAY2018 - Meeting with PEBLO & Conference call with Attorney
14MAY2018 - (future)Have meeting with VA representative

JohnViro

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Should be pretty quick, I had all mine scheduled like 2 days after initiating the MEB process. And memorize the ratings and the differences, so you know when it comes to neurology, when they are doing the questionaire, you know how to answer it properly.

MattCollins7

Registered Member
UPDATE:
04MAY2018 - Referred by PCM to DES
07MAY2018 - Meeting with PEBLO & Conference call with Attorney
14MAY2018 - Had meeting with VA representative
18MAY2018 - VA Compensation claim submitted (Estimated Completion: 01/15/2019 - 08/28/2019)

Is it normal to have an estimated completion date so far away??

MattCollins7

Registered Member
There might be a hiccup in my future timeline. After speaking with my surgeon yesterday, he is now suggesting that I undergo another surgery. How does that work in relation to the PEB process? Does it reset the timeline?

JohnViro

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If my knowledge serves me correct, it depends where you are in it, if it creates a new claim or not. If you're in the MEB portion, everything is stopped, and I believe there is a period after surgery that has to elapse (90 days??) before it either restarts or continues. I think seeing as the claim to MEB will remain the same, it should just continue where it was. If it's been sent to the PEB, I don't know for certain if it stops or resets, but I don't think it would. It could possibly be prolonged if you are attempting to send in more paperwork for a new claim.

As for the completion date, mine states this (Estimated Completion: 08/04/2018 - 11/22/2018), however I accepted my findings on 24APR18 and I have a retirement date of 27JUN18.

MattCollins7

Registered Member
My PEBLO has been off for the past few days, so I haven't been able to talk with him in regard to having another surgery. If at all possible, I would ideally like to avoid undergoing the knife again. My package was just sent to the PEB but I am still waiting on my C&P exams to even be scheduled.

Congrats on your retirement being set! I'm hoping to have similar news later this year.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">