My second MEB evaluation!

Chem_SM

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I have my second MEB evaluation tomorrow. After having a bit of help from the great people on here I am getting a second chance at my MEB! Is this going to be the same as the appointment for my Narsum? What can I expect?

It is hard to say. I could see them doing other objective exams or perhaps just talking with you and getting your input. Hard to know, however, remember, whatever happens, you can still rebut if you are not happy with what they write.

Hope it goes well!

if you do get the oppertunity to "plead your case" :), be honest but remember no matter how cool the doc may be or seem, be cautious. this stuff affect the rest of your life/career not theirs. if given the oppertunity, bring up every "little" thing that affects you, even if you are unsure that it's related bring it up. in my case i have a back injury but have NUMEROUS medical issues that seemed petty to me @ 1st until i educated myself to the DES. things that may have an impact on my case were pain everywhere outside of my initial injury, sleep, mental health, activities of daily living...anything that you can think of. i wrote down everything i could prior to my appt and i attempted to address it. hope this helps. good luck and keep us posted.

Yup like stated above. Those people your talking to, is not looking out for your best interest. But don't come off rude or laid back.

I went today and I don't feel very good about the outcome. I guess we will see. I was supposed to be looked at for my headaches and my back. He did a range of motion and all that. He talked to quite a bit about my back and what type of pain and all that. Everytime I brought up my headaches / migraines he blew me off. He said that since I have never been on profile for it that the doctors don't think it was ever very bad. I told him that the doctors have always told me that since I was already on such a restricted profile for my back and/or my knee that I was covered for my head, which I was so I never argued it. I didn't want to bring yet another profile to my 1sg. At any rate I also explained to him that I have tried 3,4,5 different pills that had no effect and was currently on 3 different pills for my headaches/migraines and am still getting almost daily headaches and weekly migraines. He said the doctors feel that their treatment is working! I told him that is was very obvious that the treatment was not very effective. I also told him that I had never been to a neurologist. He said that my doctors must not feel it's that serious. At any rate, I plead my case and even gave him my headache journal that he said I should show my doctor!! He didn't even crack it open. I opened it and tried to give it to him but he just changed the subject and said my headaches/migraines would be handled by the VA for sure. Oh yeah, he also said he wasn't going to add new diagnosis or make up things! I told him that I didn't want anything made up or fabricated or anything new added, I just wanted to be evaluated fairly. I don't want to get "rich" off this, I don't want things made up to benefit me. I just want it done right and fair and by God by the regulations!! <---which he tried to use against me. Shock him when I quoted the regulation verbatim about migraines and told him exactly where to find it! He put the AR packet back in his desk drawer real fast! Guess he figured that I had done my homework and he could scare me with that! LOL That might have been the most enjoyable part of my visit!!! I'll shut up now!!

I went today and I don't feel very good about the outcome. I guess we will see. I was supposed to be looked at for my headaches and my back. He did a range of motion and all that. He talked to quite a bit about my back and what type of pain and all that. Everytime I brought up my headaches / migraines he blew me off. He said that since I have never been on profile for it that the doctors don't think it was ever very bad. I told him that the doctors have always told me that since I was already on such a restricted profile for my back and/or my knee that I was covered for my head, which I was so I never argued it. I didn't want to bring yet another profile to my 1sg. At any rate I also explained to him that I have tried 3,4,5 different pills that had no effect and was currently on 3 different pills for my headaches/migraines and am still getting almost daily headaches and weekly migraines. He said the doctors feel that their treatment is working! I told him that is was very obvious that the treatment was not very effective. I also told him that I had never been to a neurologist. He said that my doctors must not feel it's that serious. At any rate, I plead my case and even gave him my headache journal that he said I should show my doctor!! He didn't even crack it open. I opened it and tried to give it to him but he just changed the subject and said my headaches/migraines would be handled by the VA for sure. Oh yeah, he also said he wasn't going to add new diagnosis or make up things! I told him that I didn't want anything made up or fabricated or anything new added, I just wanted to be evaluated fairly. I don't want to get "rich" off this, I don't want things made up to benefit me. I just want it done right and fair and by God by the regulations!! <---which he tried to use against me. Shock him when I quoted the regulation verbatim about migraines and told him exactly where to find it! He put the AR packet back in his desk drawer real fast! Guess he figured that I had done my homework and he could scare me with that! LOL That might have been the most enjoyable part of my visit!!! I'll shut up now!!